Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the lock!

• 08-10-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was hoping folks more in the know than myself could help me out. I want to replace the lock on an ancient door with an ancient lock. Does anyone know where I could possibly get this type of lock nowdays?

I'm attaching a picture of the lock. There's about 48 mm to the keyhole centre and 127 mm to the centre of the barrell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭chris445

Its been a while since I replaced one of these locks but from what i remember i either got one from architechtural hardware in an industrial estate just behind mcdonalds on the kylemore road or else it was from a place called kcc in the ballymount industrial estate. You could try giving these places a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Looks like a 5" Mortice lock (cant be sure of size, no aspect), any good locksmith will be able to supply this for you. If you still have the old one bring it with you to the Locksmith.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

From the photo, the lock doesn't look to be in bad condition. Some of the older, more established locksmiths should be able to repair it and supply a new key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Would you think that'd be cheaper than replacing the lock policarp?

Advertisement