Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Sweep

Options
  • 08-10-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm looking for a recommendation for a reasonable priced chimney sweep. The last guy we used made a mess of the living room so we not going to have him back.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I am debating going for this http://foffit.com/deals/cork_ebohomerescue_03 €35 for chimney sweep with ebo. Just worried that it might end up being a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

lindtee wrote: »
    I am debating going for this http://foffit.com/deals/cork_ebohomerescue_03 €35 for chimney sweep with ebo. Just worried that it might end up being a disaster!

I bought this, really hope it will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I saw the fofitt deal as well but have no experience what this crowd EBO is like.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

We used this guy after a recommendation from people at work.

Very clean, tidy, efficient, turned up on time etc.

http://www.chimneygleamer.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I swept my own last week, got the brushes locally and it didn't take long. if you are healthy and able its not a bad choice, quicker and cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Saw a chimney sweep today on the road. I made a point of getting his number because my mate is looking for one too. The number on the van was 0866662689. It was a grand big truck and looked a bit more substantial than your usual man-in-a-van. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Barr wrote: »
    I saw the fofitt deal as well but have no experience what this crowd EBO is like.
    Well after buying this deal they called me on Fri to say that they would be around between 3 - 4 on sat.
    the guy arrived promptly at 3 and was all done by about 3.40.
    Wouldn't recommend the company. I had alot of cleaning to do afterwards, he had no vacuum cleaner with, he used mine to clean up the excess soot.
    Thankfully i dont have carpet in front room, at least wooden floor is easy to wipe clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

ahh I was just coming on to check this EBO place. Fecks sake it seems hard to find a good chimney sweep. I have a number for one who i called and they he said his uncles does the southside but he was away until today. So left a message and I know tis 12 but if you want business you can call back. tried your man again there an no ans.

Well finally got the Chimney swept this morning and fantastic, not a bit of dust or ash anywhere..He was looking at me stupid when i ask should i move the couch so it wouldnt get dusty.. Loverly chap Tom McSweeny in Douglas €40 bargin..

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Could I have the contact details for Tom McSweeney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

parsi wrote: »
    We used this guy after a recommendation from people at work.

Very clean, tidy, efficient, turned up on time etc.

http://www.chimneygleamer.ie/

I would second this recommendation. Liam was great. I had some issues afterwards.. not related to the chimney sweeping but gave him a call and he was so helpful. Left the place perfect after sweeping.

great stuff - what was the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Chimneygleaner cleaned 2 chimneys for €70 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

I used to clean our chimney some years ago with the usual rods and brush but since i got a cowl (maybe wrong word...a fitting put on top of chimney to prevent birds nesting) installed i am afraid to push rods up too much in case the brush at end of rods displace the cowl. Any helpful comments?

ladylost wrote: »
    Chimneygleaner cleaned 2 chimneys for €70 I think.

Seems pricey no.. Ours was 25 for one small chimney that was with sweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SOD111

Hi all,
    My work colleagues and I use Murray heating maintenance. I myself have used him for years. Noel is in the game for about 40 years and his experience is reflected in his professionalism. Always punctual and never a trace of dirt or dust after him. I don't have his number on me now but I know his number is in the golden pages. I would highly recommend him.

what was the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SOD111

He's usually 45€ but one time I had a birds nest in the chimney and I'm sure it was a bit more..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

SOD111 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My work colleagues and I use Murray heating maintenance. I myself have used him for years. Noel is in the game for about 40 years and his experience is reflected in his professionalism. Always punctual and never a trace of dirt or dust after him. I don't have his number on me now but I know his number is in the golden pages. I would highly recommend him.
    Used them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Milly33 wrote: »
    Well finally got the Chimney swept this morning and fantastic, not a bit of dust or ash anywhere..He was looking at me stupid when i ask should i move the couch so it wouldnt get dusty.. Loverly chap Tom McSweeny in Douglas €40 bargin..

Where do I find contact details for Tom?

• Advertisement
Advertisement