Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a Pagan to live?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello Everyone!

I am from Canada and I will be moving to Ireland in the next one to two years. I am glad to have finally found a forum for Paganism. I am having trouble deciding where to move to. Never been to Ireland before, just going to get up and move. I am very drawn to Meath and I was just wondering what your views are of living there as a Pagan or if there may be better suited places for me to move to. Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Well I think that a place which suits your needs is important.
    Yes a connection to a place can happen and be wonderful but, you have to be in a place for that to start and one has to be practical about moving country. A job and transport have to be considered and then it depends on what you feel you need in terms of contact or community.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FireFoxglove

I disagree. I do not think you have to be in a place at all to have a connection to it or start a connection. I moved across my own country on a whim because I was drawn somewhere, had never been there before in my life or even seen pictures of it and everything worked out because I was meant to be there. It was the will of the Universe for lack of better words, haha. I have now been here for two and a half years.

Yes, moving to a new country takes a lot more planning, which is why I am starting now and not in two years when I have the money saved, lol. Mostly because I need to figure out the paperwork aspect of moving. There are loads of jobs around Ireland that I am qualified for. I have already had a peak at one of your job boards, although Dublin seems to be a hub for work, I do not necessarily want to live there.

I am more interested in easily accessible and popular places where Pagans meet so that I can get to know people of like mind first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Hi

Have a look at this site for information on Pagan Groups in Ireland:

http://ireland.iol.ie/~plugin/pine.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Some of the information on that site is very out of date.
    The person listed for the Pagan Federation is now Jewish and living in america.

Ray Sweeney is the current PF rep and the site is http://www.freewebs.com/paganfederationireland/.

As for a list of where there are meet ups and moots around the country
    there is one here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=255432

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Oops!...my mistake....should have checked it out!!

Thanks for updating!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 FireFoxglove

Sweet. Thanks for the links! I will check them out sometime this week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ronagig

Hi FireFoxglove, just piping up to say hope you find a place that you love.

Advertisement