Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making blind cords safe for children ?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering what the best way to make blind cords safe. I have a toddler who likes nothing better than standing on the window ledge looking out.

What I’m doing at the moment is just folding the cord up so they are out of reach. Not ideal so I’m looking for a longer term solution.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Cut the end of it so there is no loop or put loads of knots in it so they can not fit their heads in to the loops.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Without wanting to add to your problem, you should probably stop them from standing on a window ledge too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Great thread! It's so easy to forget about blind cords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

metal or cord?

as said with cord knot them up
    metal, local blind shop lent me a tool so i could shorten the length and then reseal the loop, takes ages now to open/shut blind but its safe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Blind shops sell the little safety devices for metal blind chain that the loop runs through.
    Cords should be wrapped on a cleat or if its a long blind cord two cleats then in a figure 8 so it can't be undone easily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement