Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Care Work - Youth

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

I am looking for info on the equivalent to Social Care Work in Australia. A family member is moving there in the next couple of weeks and has experience in special care, high support and residential youth work.

He is not sure what type work he could do there, he has an hons degree in Applied Social Studies and the above work experience.

All info would be greatly appreciated -ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

I am looking for info on the equivalent to Social Care Work in Australia. A family member is moving there in the next couple of weeks and has experience in special care, high support and residential youth work.

He is not sure what type work he could do there, he has an hons degree in Applied Social Studies and the above work experience.

All info would be greatly appreciated -ta

Get him to look up ethical jobs, seek, berry st, I can't remember any more names of sites, I have the same qualification as him, he may need to pay to have his degree accredited over there it's about 800 dollars, the job title he should look up is protection worker, welfare officer, youth worker,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Nettle wrote: »
    Get him to look up ethical jobs, seek, berry st, I can't remember any more names of sites, I have the same qualification as him, he may need to pay to have his degree accredited over there it's about 800 dollars, the job title he should look up is protection worker, welfare officer, youth worker,

Will do, thanks for that.

Advertisement