Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I AM SO SO BEHIND!!!!

• 08-10-2012 9:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I am so mad at myself right now as I blame myself for all of this. Spending time on creating websites or going out with friends etc... and not studying from the first day of 6th year. Now I am so behind that I have lost all of my confidence and keep telling myself ''I gotta repeat 6th year'' But let be be totally honest with everyone here. I am not in the mood at all to repeat one more year of school. Can anyone help me out give me tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

do a points prediction, then you know that you need to do work or you will have to repeat. after that you'll either give up or start trying.. hopefully the latter. dont feel sorry for yourself because that won't help one bit, just get on with whatever you need to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Take a deep breath and relax there is still plenty of time to start studying now and it's never to too late until after christmas. Just draw out a study timetable and see where you can free time to study and make sure it is realistic e.g. If you spend time creating websites make sure you'll have enough energy to do most of your study that day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Take a deep breath and relax there is still plenty of time to start studying now and it's never to too late until after christmas. Just draw out a study timetable and see where you can free time to study and make sure it is realistic e.g. If you spend time creating websites make sure you'll have enough energy to do most of your study that day.

Thank you I will do that Right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

its never too late to start and you dont want to be repeating when all your friends are gone to college or working and your going back into school, but if it ends up you dont get the points no harm repeting im repeating. do your homework and some study afterwards revise the topics you covered in class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

You have lots of time to get your head down, as a post said above do a points prediction so you can see where you need to be concentrating and get your nose to the grindstone as soon as you can. The you have a lot of time between now and the exams but it'll fly by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

calm down, we're only around a month back to school ! You still have a long time yet to start studying, don't wreck yourself out before Christmas! As the poster said above, make a study timetable and try to stick with it (I have a huge problem with sticking to study timetables). I just study whatever I feel needs studying on the particular day, no set subjects for me. Whatever way suits you. :) You're fine though, there is still so much time left. Set realistic predictions, and also don't devote ALL your time to study/school work - You need breaks. Keep your social life, limit it if needed, but nevertheless, keep it. Stick to things you enjoy doing, just make sure you do enough work for school also. :P

F9Devil wrote: »
    You have lots of time to get your head down, as a post said above do a points prediction so you can see where you need to be concentrating and get your nose to the grindstone as soon as you can. The you have a lot of time between now and the exams but it'll fly by.

Thank You I will get my head down from tomorrow. The minute I get home I am in my room studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you owe me 50 quid if you break that promise

you owe me 50 quid if you break that promise

lol never shook on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jenners!

In those Leaving cert. supplements the Times and Independent give out advising students, the A1 students always state that they didn't begin study until after christmas, up to that point they were just keeping on top of homework and things. Like another poster has said, only one month has gone by so you can get back on top by christmas. Make use of the midterm and you'll recover :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Exam papers are predictable. Started studying 2 weeks before first exam and got 375 points. Only needed 300 and knew I would get it. Its only the leaving cert - calm down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Do not worry- You will only work yourself up into a further state and then you REALLY won't be able to study.

My mum has been a grinds teacher for millions of years :P she says that a minimum of 20 hours study in each subject will bring you up a grade. Look at all the time you have left! Set aside one evening a week up until xmas for relaxation (I went to the cinema each week for example). After xmas, make sure you can have a nice lie in on a saturday and sunday. Treat yourself while studying (e.g. I am going to do this until I feel I really know it, then I will watch an episode of something on TV). If you try and make yourself as comfortable as possible, the sacrifices won't seem so extreme. to put it in context there are 204 days left until the 1st of may. Relax.

Musefan wrote: »
    Do not worry- You will only work yourself up into a further state and then you REALLY won't be able to study.

My mum has been a grinds teacher for millions of years :P she says that a minimum of 20 hours study in each subject will bring you up a grade. Look at all the time you have left! Set aside one evening a week up until xmas for relaxation (I went to the cinema each week for example). After xmas, make sure you can have a nice lie in on a saturday and sunday. Treat yourself while studying (e.g. I am going to do this until I feel I really know it, then I will watch an episode of something on TV). If you try and make yourself as comfortable as possible, the sacrifices won't seem so extreme. to put it in context there are 204 days left until the 1st of may. Relax.

Thank You for the great advice. I will do that. Thank you again

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

relax your only getting yourself in to a panic. set realistic goals and stick to them.

Advertisement