Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm being a bit soppy today :-(

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Is there any good news from things happening around the city / county?

I'm sick of hearing bad news and its getting really depressing. Every newspaper, news channel, every second person I speak to seems to have another depressing story with murders, kidnappings, job losses, burglaries.

It's really starting to effect me now. It's got to the point where I no longer buy newspapers or watch the news. The only news I get is thru this city forum.

What I'd love to see, probably not viable tho, would be a newspaper that prints only good news, happy stories, etc. something that when I read will make me smile.

But for now I think a thread would be a starter.

Has anyone got any good news, happy stories from around the city that will bring a smile to our faces?

Doesn't have to be anything big. Maybe something you seen or heard recently that brought a smile to your face and that you think might be a good read for the rest of us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Yeah i think it was cherrymount a night or two ago and some fellas where caught robbing a house, I think the woman went outside screaming for help and someone went in and kicked the crap out of one of the thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

There's a Paddy Powers opening on the dunmore road and some one out that way won the lotto:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yeah i think it was cherrymount a night or two ago and some fellas where caught robbing a house, I think the woman went outside screaming for help and someone went in and kicked the crap out of one of the thieves.
    Half the people on this forum live in Cherrymount. I'd say it was Mike65. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Meatwad wrote: »
    some one out that way won the lotto:)

Was that the already rich doctors wife that i heard about?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

I lost my wallet but there was nothing in it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Hijpo wrote: »
    Meatwad wrote: »
    some one out that way won the lotto:)

Was that the already rich doctors wife that i heard about?
    Unreal isn't it?? Money follows money that's for sure ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

This is supposed to be a 'nice' thread lads :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

It will be Christmas soon, drinkkkkssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Jason Todd wrote: »
    This is supposed to be a 'nice' thread lads :rolleyes:

Im only kiddin :-)

i heard that there were 22 visits to the IDA business park by companys this year which is up compared to only 11 last year, dont know if there will be jobs arriving but its good to see an increasing interest for invetment in the city, its better than not being looked at at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waterford City Council Library Services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

jo06555 wrote: »
    Unreal isn't it?? Money follows money that's for sure ...

Yep true the saying the more money a person has the more money will come to them.

Wish I was in that situation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

That happened to a family member. Also I'm another Cherrymount member. Think it's time to get a Cherrymount sub-forum

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Adyx wrote: »
    Half the people on this forum live in Cherrymount. I'd say it was Mike65. :pac:

Don't be reminding people where he lives, you'll have moderators driving up there looking for his car....again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i know its nothing to do with waterford but ireland in general as waterford people may get jobs there but my employer kerry group are building an innovation centre in naas co kildare and will employ 900 by 2016 http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/kerry-group-to-create-900-jobs-3254058.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Musgraves, Dunmore East and it's not Swansea !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

There is a newspaper called the Good News :-)

Advertisement