Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INCOME TAX CALCULATION??

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I worked for the first 6 months of 2011 on a contractor basis before leaving the country again.
    I am just wondering how do I calculate my tax for this period, I can only find tax calculators for 12 months!?
    I earned just under 15k in this period - do you have a rough idea of the tax I would owe?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi,

I worked for the first 6 months of 2011 on a contractor basis before leaving the country again.
    I am just wondering how do I calculate my tax for this period, I can only find tax calculators for 12 months!?
    I earned just under 15k in this period - do you have a rough idea of the tax I would owe?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.:D

You get a full years tax credits even if you were only in the country for six months so the 12 months calculator that you found will do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macrogirl

Anohter question ( I don't know how to start a thread, apologies) - how come the online form is indicating that I have to pay tax on interest from savings that I already have paid DIRT on?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fermatslast

Hi

The amount of tax you pay is the amount of DIRT you paid so you won't have to pay any more tax. But you put the gross amount of your interest (before DIRT) on the tax form, then the amount of DIRT paid, just to declare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macrogirl

Thanks a mil!

Advertisement