Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin pubs with relaxed door-policies.....

Options
  • 08-10-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

.......preferably those with a good selection of ales, no attitude, no dresscode bull**** etc., etc,; especially in and around the city centre and in Baggot Street - any recommendations?? Cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

Dublin pubs dont have dresscodes. When you are talking about 'a good selection of ales' what do you mean? Real ale?

Check out the beoirfinder app on android or itunes to find good bars with good selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Against The Grain on Camden St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

reeb wrote: »
    Dublin pubs dont have dresscodes. When you are talking about 'a good selection of ales' what do you mean? Real ale?

Check out the beoirfinder app on android or itunes to find good bars with good selections.

Plenty of Dublin pubs have dresscodes. But once you're tidy enough and not dressed head to toe in matching tracksuit, you will usually be fine.

Try Bull & Castle, Porterhouse, Against the Grain, Black Sheep, The Brewdock.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

A_Fitz wrote: »
    .......preferably those with a good selection of ales, no attitude, no dresscode bull**** etc., etc,; especially in and around the city centre and in Baggot Street - any recommendations?? Cheers :)

i dont think Dublin pubs have dress codes anymore - well, i havent seen one in about 15 years.

Good selection of Ales - Cassidys, Brew Dock, The Black Sheep, The Bull and Castle, The Ginger Man, The (urgh) Porterhouse, Against the Grain, Mulligans

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

There's surely still some of the old 'you need to have shoes/no hooded tops/no jerseys' bull****, no?? Surprised if there's not, tbh.....but great if they've done away with that pretentious nonsense. Just asking on behalf of a few mates that are going to the game Friday and will be coming into town straight from Lansdowne.

Thanks for the tips too folks, much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Brew Dock opposite Busaras has great selection of beer.

The Dark Horse on Georges Quay is cheap too,and never has any door staff whenever I've been there.

No shoes/hoodies etc policy is mainly limited to clubs,and even then is generally used as an easy,non confrontational excuse to refuse entry to people who are acting the bollocks or are pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've seen the 'No Tracksuits' sign around in the past few months but I couldn't tell you what pub it was in. I think it was a little old man place somewhere in town though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I've seen the a 'No Tracksuits' sign around in the past few months but I couldn't tell you what pub it was in. I think it was a little old man place somewhere in town though.

Lots of places do, its generally so they can use it as a reason to refuse 'undesirables' if they wish to. Its easier than giving the actual reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

No tracksuits is a no brainer. You wouldnt wear a leotard to a pub either. By 'dress code' i thought he meant 'shirt and shoes' which is a thing of the distant past.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

reeb wrote: »
    No tracksuits is a no brainer. You wouldnt wear a leotard to a pub either. By 'dress code' i thought he meant 'shirt and shoes' which is a thing of the distant past.

Ah, in fairness like, I know that - I was talking about the no hoods/no trainers/no piercings attitude

The 'no tracksuits' thins is to be expected, and understandable IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I've seen the a 'No Tracksuits' sign around in the past few months but I couldn't tell you what pub it was in. I think it was a little old man place somewhere in town though.

I think thats The Clock pub on Thomas Street.

The sign says 'No tracksuits after 7'

Clock-Sign.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lillabeff

Yeah that's the Clock, many lolls! You should see a Sunday in there, it's like a fashion parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Porterhouse on Nassau St. has a "smart dress" policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

BX 19 wrote: »

Don't know their policy but I've been in there plenty of times in a t-shirt / hoody, jeans and runners and never had a problem

In fact dressed as above I've been in plenty of pubs in the city centre and haven't had anyone question me in about 7 or 8 years

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

BX 19 wrote: »

well, i go there in jeans, t-shirt and runners and have never had a problem,.

Now a days "smart dress" means no pj's or running susits :):)

Advertisement