Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy kills mother and sister

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Thats woeful carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Imagine being saddled with a brother like that? Shows how true the "you can pick your friends but not your family" saying is. Nutty.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

As the guy off sky news says; O dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Clicking on the link is such a pain in the hole.

Just fcuking summarise it for me in a sentence or two OP. I don't want to look at some other website and read it like some kind of fcuking animal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

maybe he was havng a bad day

• Advertisement

AWOL father? fiigure.. also, he was probably frustrated by too much female influence about the house but that's hardly the solution...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

keith16 wrote: »

Just fcuking summarise it for me in a sentence or two OP. I don't want to look at some other website and read it like some kind of fcuking animal.

You'd rather post drivel instead of going to the original source? Fist yourself! :pac:

AWOL father? fiigure.. also, he was probably frustrated by too much female influence about the house but that's hardly the solution...

He was away on business apparently. His other sister was away at the time too - just as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

17 year old kills mother and sister. No outright motive, explains in 911 call that he had been planning on killing for a while but 'just anybody'. Says it just 'kind of happened' and that he wasn't angry with them. Also says that he himself 'must be pretty like evil'. Call is sooo calm, very chilling. Suggests that he doesn't like people and feeld smothered by their being emotional and also verbally rude to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Those crazy Americans

• Advertisement

[-0-] wrote: »
    You'd rather post drivel instead of going to the original source? Fist yourself! :pac:

Done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Done!

Pics or GTFO!

Kid just sounds like a cold nutter. The character from that film; 'we need to talk about kevin' springs to mind but father was gone and the mother was sleeping around in that particular case.. not that it was an excuse.

MadsL wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!

Aaaand I'm gone (TFO).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Disturbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wonder was he taken out of school to be home schooled for a reason. He was all about him, how he would feel, how it didn't feel good to kill, would he have nightmares. He seemed on the verge of showing a bit of remorse over his sister but then nothing. He spoke about her freaking out after he shot her the first time and he told her to stay still and he'd fix it. Even then he could have stopped and gotten her help and not killed his mother but he finished her off like a dog that'd been run over and needed putting out of its misery. He sounds like a right self-centred little bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Killed them using his grandfathers gun, who lives across the street.

That poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Respect to the phone operator, she handled a fairly freaky situation with tremendous composure and clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

TwoBirds wrote: »
    Respect to the phone operator, she handled a fairly freaky situation with tremendous composure and clarity.
    I don't know how she did it.

The kid is so messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

That's pretty messed up there, he seems emotionless, he's like, 'yeah, they're dead, I'm fine, alright'.

He's so calm it's terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I think it sounds like he's ill. Not just because he's so detached from the events, but because the actions aren't the actions of a healthy person.

If he's just evil, lock him up.

If he's sick, treat him.

The reality of it is yet to be discerned.

25 fúcking minutes from the time he rang 911 to when the police showed up for a murder!! :eek: And we thought the Gardaí were bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

“This was not a family this should have happened to,”

What family should this happen to??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

As an aside, the vast majority of home schooled kids in the US are in religious fundamentalist families, and tellingly its church staff relating what knowledge they have of the family.

If he sounds divorced from reality, he probably literally was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Kid just sounds like a cold nutter. The character from that film; 'we need to talk about kevin' springs to mind but father was gone and the mother was sleeping around in that particular case.. not that it was an excuse.

Cheers for ruining the ending :(

:p

Very sad... For everyone involved including the kid. Completely detached from the consequences of his actions. It's like the only reason he thought he'd feel bad after was because he learned it somewhere. Not a natural thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Ah heyor!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's summarised in the fúcking title!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamesjoyce1710

he was so calm at the start, pretty fecked up kid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Why do you keep going on about missing fathers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 93,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

look up the statistics

if a woman is murdered it's very likely to be a close associate or family member , so sad but not surprising

shaaane wrote: »
    25 fúcking minutes from the time he rang 911 to when the police showed up for a murder!! :eek: And we thought the Gardaí were bad

It was actually longer than this. The recording was edited for public viewing/hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The woman did a brilliant job given the situation. He made it easy for her too I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's like the only reason he thought he'd feel bad after was because he learned it somewhere. Not a natural thought.
    I don't get that from the transcript, though I could be wrong. It would seem to me like he has/had an emotional detachment from other people - an inability to project his own feelings onto other people (empathise?), which is fairly vital in building healthy and stable relationships.
    I would imagine most people at some point in their random ponderings throughout life consider what it would be like to kill someone, and for most it likely ends pretty quickly when they realise just how horrendous that would be.
    But it obviously didn't for this kid and he was unable to see what the outcome would be. His exclaimation that he didn't enjoy it kind of shows that - it was almost like he did it just to see what it would be like.

I wonder is there any link between the killing and the homeschooling. Pulling a 17 year old out of school to homeschool them is weird behaviour. It's a red flag to me that his upbringing was likely far from ordinary. The most important education children get in school is their social education, if you remove that interaction, then the child may grow up having difficulty making relationships or otherwise being cold towards other people. Homeschooling isn't a bad idea per se, but unless you plan on having 12 kids back-to-back, then your children need a social outlet where they get to spend a number of hours every day with other children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

seamus wrote: »
    I wonder is there any link between the killing and the homeschooling. Pulling a 17 year old out of school to homeschool them is weird behaviour. It's a red flag to me that his upbringing was likely far from ordinary. The most important education children get in school is their social education, if you remove that interaction, then the child may grow up having difficulty making relationships or otherwise being cold towards other people. Homeschooling isn't a bad idea per se, but unless you plan on having 12 kids back-to-back, then your children need a social outlet where they get to spend a number of hours every day with other children.

I think you meant to say there that the most important education children get in school is the survival techniques.

Home education in Ireland these days is far from most people's misconceptions about it producing socially awkward and introverted children. The majority of home schooled children have as many, if not more friends, as conventionally educated children. In fact they have a better social life altogether.

It said it one article that I read that he was pulled out of school abruptly - strange word to use. It leads me to guess that there was some incident which led to that and that his close family knew that there was something amiss with the chap but were perhaps unwilling or unable to deal with it.

Advertisement