Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving Cert geography outside school

• 08-10-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in a crisis, someone help me! does anyone know what the protocall is for the geography field work? i have a grinds teacher helping me with the layout and all that, so my problem lies with the whole going on the field trip and having someone to supervise me writting up the booklet in school.

i've been told by my principal that i cant go on the trip with the school or get a geography teacher in my school to sign off on the booklet even if i do it during school supervised study periods!

i was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or know someone has and what i should do?

PLEASE HELP ME! anything will help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

That's so unfair! Could you ask a nearby school, or - sassy as it may be :P - ask the geography teachers themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jenners!

If your grinds teacher is a qualified and working teacher (even if they do not teach geo in a school) they could supervise your project.

It would mean the two of you would go to the beach together, or whatever, for the day, and they could sign off on your project therefore.

If your current grinds teacher cannot mark off/ help, you could find another grinds teacher perhaps.

What is required is that they are a working teacher, and that the principle of their school signs a letter, stating they are a teacher at that school and leave a contact number. This make the grinds teacher a valid person to sign off on your project, as they witnessed you and know it is your own work.

Again, they don't have to teach geography at the school, just be working as a second level teacher, as far as I am aware anyhow.

Im currently looking for a teacher myself. Otherwise will have to drop geography and take up a new subject.
    Hope it works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

I'm in a crisis, someone help me! does anyone know what the protocall is for the geography field work? i have a grinds teacher helping me with the layout and all that, so my problem lies with the whole going on the field trip and having someone to supervise me writting up the booklet in school.

i've been told by my principal that i cant go on the trip with the school or get a geography teacher in my school to sign off on the booklet even if i do it during school supervised study periods!

i was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or know someone has and what i should do?

PLEASE HELP ME! anything will help

Hey,
    I am in fifth year and I do geography in Irish.
    Even in Irish I find it pretty easy.
    You just kind of have to know the structure of the exam!

Long Questions are on..
    Culture
    Regions (case studies)
    People Geography (which would consist of population, emigration etc.)
    And Physical Geography

Then there are a certain amount of short questions all based on those topics, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 limerickmark

ask the teacher directly yourself. im pretty sure when u mark down your doing geog in ur subject list, the teachers will get the project reports to sign off and if u hand in yours they will be signed off! however some teachers can be strict on the supervision of writing it up.. other teachers not at all

Advertisement