Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plan to build $84 million Super Mosque in Dublin Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nodin wrote: »
    You're judging the whole by the extreme, eg
    That's because the extreme is a very large part of the whole. Unlike the WBC in relation to Christianity, or even the Baptists AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

SeanW wrote: »
    That's because the extreme is a very large part of the whole. Unlike the WBC in relation to Christianity, or even the Baptists AFAIK.

Baptists - don't even mention the bloody Baptists :mad:.

Knew a 17 year old girl - her father was a Baptist preacher in London. Tandy was a lesbian so her parent's sent her to be exorcised - guess what, it didn't work. Tandy was unable to reconcile her sexual orientation with what she had been raised to believe and feared she would be cast out by her family. She took her own life. She was 17. Her loving family refused to pay for her funeral. :mad:

This was not some Westboro type Baptist church - this was a common or garden neighbourhood chapel in Hackney. Are you going to tell me their views were not extreme?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

MrD012 wrote: »
    .... is this how the whole thing operates ,If it is who knows who is investing in these mosques , It could be radicals looking for an outpost to launch attacks on europe or anything...

And you know of course they have retractable domes on the top of mosques just so they can easily raise the missile launchers. ;)

Seriously, some people may have raised valid concerns about the scale of this development or the negative impact of extremist Islam (in general) but others have just gone wildly paranoid. It makes a mockery of any reasoned debate there was here.

If a group of radicals wanted to launch and attack on Europe would they really spearhead the development of a large scale social/commercial development, make themselves known and then use it as a launchpad for terrorism. Would they ****.... they would be scheming quietly in a bed-sit somewhere. Honestly :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Knew a 17 year old girl - her father was a Baptist preacher in London. Tandy was a lesbian so her parent's sent her to be exorcised - guess what, it didn't work. Tandy was unable to reconcile her sexual orientation with what she had been raised to believe and feared she would be cast out by her family. She took her own life. She was 17. Her loving family refused to pay for her funeral. :mad:

This was not some Westboro type Baptist church - this was a common or garden neighbourhood chapel in Hackney. Are you going to tell me their views were not extreme?

An appalling story. They would be quite a distance from other Baptist denominations such as the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, American Baptist Churches, or Alliance of Baptists (which welcome openly gay and lesbian couples). Unfortunately, there has been a tendency towards extremism in some Baptist groups.

All of which shows the foolishness of the type of generalisation which some people have shown by their reaction to this mosque.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 unimpressed

Just what we need a 48million euro capital injection into the economy.
    Maybe a step in the right direction as our current knowledge based economy seems to be going down the drain maybe we can become the centre of excelence for religious ideals and debate.
    give tax breaks to all the religions of the worls to set up their main halls of worship here and set up theological coledges etc. Some money in that whole religiou thing
    You can see how easy it would be to extract money out of some of the one dimensional idiots posting on here about the nutty fundamentalist musslims lol talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:eek:

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    An appalling story. They would be quite a distance from other Baptist denominations such as the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, American Baptist Churches, or Alliance of Baptists (which welcome openly gay and lesbian couples). Unfortunately, there has been a tendency towards extremism in some Baptist groups.

All of which shows the foolishness of the type of generalisation which some people have shown by their reaction to this mosque.

Absolutely Benny. This group was my first experience of Baptists as they were 'my' local chapel and I knew Tandy. But not for a second to I believe their views are held by all Baptists or that they are indicative of Baptists in general. This was one chapel which held extreme views - views which when brought into practice destroyed the life of a lovely young women.

Would I oppose the building of a Baptist 'super' chapel - no.
    Would I confront the users of such a chapel if they espoused extremist views - yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MrD012

skD13 wrote: »
    And you know of course they have retractable domes on the top of mosques just so they can easily raise the missile launchers.

I was referring to a US diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks, that stated that the Clonskeagh Mosque is dominated by groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 unimpressed

love the humour its a oity they all dont see it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I was referring to a US diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks, that stated that the Clonskeagh Mosque is dominated by groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood.

Really:
    who's paying for it , nobody really knows , where does the money for these mosques come from .

for example I came accross an advert recently posted by a galway muslim group looking for a 450k contributor to build a mosque in galway for them , is this how the whole thing operates ,If it is who knows who is investing in these mosques , It could be radicals looking for an outpost to launch attacks on europe or anything , you can see what I mean , here is the Ad

No mention of US cable of Clonskeagh in the quoted post at all. Also, a leaked US cable is hardly proof of your claims, but regardless, this group has nothing to do with Clonskeagh based on the information we have, and were just looking for donations, which you then jump to the conclusion of them planning attacks on Europe.

Simply put, conspiracy theory nonsense imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

That's because the extreme is a very large part of the whole.........

...in your opinion. Thankfully for the rest of us, it doesn't appear to be so in fact.

You still haven't reverted re the questions and points here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81312646&postcount=629
    I'd appreciate some answers, if you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I don't see the problem with this, but I would agree that this (and any other religious funding) should not be paid by the taxpayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with this, but I would agree that this (and any other religious funding) should not be paid by the taxpayer.

Building churches, mosques, synagogues and whatever else have never been paid for by the taxpayer. It's always been by donations from the communities involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

The RCC not only classes women as second class citizens - it 'credits' us with the introduction of sin into the world, it tries to control how we use our bodies, it placed us in institutions and used us for slave labour, it stole our children. :mad:

To say the RCC's role in Irish society and impact on our civil liberties was ' a strong influence in ireland...... that is all it was.' is to ignore decades of abuse where the civil authorities were so cowered by the power and influance of the RCC that they were able to get off scot free.

The RCC still controls 93% of our primary schools -that cannot be dismissed as 'a strong influence' - it is domination of our very system of education in those vital early years.

we had a choice........it was not enshrined in law that we attend a catholic church or school........

i did not obey the rules of the catholic religion.........i was not punished by the state........

the rc clergy relied on the mass of the people being frightened by the consequences of sinning......yes, it was brainwashing....

and still is......but there is a choice.....

My sympathies to your friend, but if I understand Christian mythology correctly, this sort of thing would be extremely rare - it is held by them that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, a sin, etc. and other things I disagree with, but claims of demonic possesion or the hatred of not paying for ones' childs' funeral sounds very unusual.

If they were Muslims, theres' a good chance her parents would have murdered her.
    Nodin wrote: »
    ...in your opinion. Thankfully for the rest of us, it doesn't appear to be so in fact.
    Obviously you've never heard of Saudi Arabia, Wahabbism, Iran, Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban, not to mention large numbers of Muslim immigrants to the West that actively despise their host country.

If it is your position that all cultures are equal, that militant Islam poses no threat, or that nutcases in Islam are only a microscopic minority, then your position appears to be guided by naevite.

• Advertisement

My sympathies to your friend, but if I understand Christian mythology correctly, this sort of thing would be extremely rare - it is held by them that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, a sin, etc. and other things I disagree with, but claims of demonic possesion or the hatred of not paying for ones' childs' funeral sounds very unusual.

If they were Muslims, theres' a good chance her parents would have murdered her.

Really - do you have any links prove this?

And don't try and fob us of with links to Muslim counties - show me this is usual in Europe in the Muslim community or retract it as the vile slander it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I generally don't respond to your Islam related posts because they are almost always based around some cliched stereotype of Muslims/Islam; but really, have you ever actually met a Muslim? Virtually every post you make about Islam and Muslims seem to be based upon a stereotype of the most extreme and fanatical interpretation of Islam going - and not only that, you appear intent on presenting this as what Islam actually is and what Muslims are really like.
    If it is your position that all cultures are equal, that militant Islam poses no threat, or that nutcases in Islam are only a microscopic minority, then your position appears to be guided by naevite.
    There is a middle ground; despite your constant insinuations that 'they' are for the most part fanatics, it is quite obvious that 'they' are not. Unless things are different in Longford and Cork, I can go about my daily business without being attacked by crazed Muslim fanatics (and I do encounter Muslims quite frequently) so I can either assume that Ireland is somehow immune to these "nutcases", or 'they' are really not, for the most part, insane fanatics. Which do you think is more plausible?

And more to the point, how does any of this relate to an application for planning permission to build a mosque etc. in Clongriffin?

Also, before you start with the inevitable; I am not saying that no Muslim anywhere has ever done something bad - I am just pointing out that what you see as a substantial minority (or majority, I can't really tell at times) of fanatics are not representative of Muslims/Islam in general.

And don't try and fob us of with links to Muslim counties - show me this is usual in Europe in the Muslim community or retract it as the vile slander it is!
    I suggest you look up honour killings in Europe, in my last post I referenced a case in Berlin (one of at least 6 that year) where a young woman of Turkish background was murdered by her family for having "lived like a German" in Berlin.

It happens for reasons far more trivial than homosexuality.

In Saudi Arabia, a woman was murdered for chatting to a man on Facebook ... then the local cleric condemned Facebook, of course, not the murderer.
    I generally don't respond to your Islam related posts because they are almost always based around some cliched stereotype of Muslims/Islam; but really, have you ever actually met a Muslim?
    Yes, I have met some Muslims and most of them I would regard in a positive light. Failing that, I have no reason to judge poorly so I give the benefit of any doubt. As individuals, I never judge anyone badly unless I have reason to do so.
    Virtually every post you make about Islam and Muslims seem to be based upon a stereotype of the most extreme and fanatical interpretation of Islam going - and not only that, you appear intent on presenting this as what Islam actually is and what Muslims are really like.
    No, I do not think all Muslims are like this, or in on the plans of Islamic extremists.

But there is enough of this stuff that it concerns me.
    And more to the point, how does any of this relate to an application for planning permission to build a mosque etc. in Clongriffin?
    I'll admit some of this may have gone off-topic, but my concern is regarding the possibility of Saudi involvement, which, if it exists, would be quite troubling.

The reasons for that should be obvious.

Again let me re-iterate: if this mosque is intended to serve normal people who just happen to be Muslim, I'm 100% fine with that. But if there are connections to Saudi Wahabbism, the Muslim Brotherhood or will have Imams like Abu Qatada, it would be this and only this I would have a problem with.
    Also, before you start with the inevitable; I am not saying that no Muslim anywhere has ever done something bad - I am just pointing out that what you see as a substantial minority (or majority, I can't really tell at times) of fanatics are not representative of Muslims/Islam in general.
    I'm not certain. I am reasonably sure that there are many Muslims that are sane, have a sensible outlook and are capable of sharing a secular society with other faiths and non-believers alike. However I don't know how many Muslims are like this, versus those who have a less agreeable mindset.

Yes, I have met some Muslims and most of them I would regard in a positive light. Failing that, I have no reason to judge poorly so I give the benefit of any doubt. As individuals, I never judge anyone badly unless I have reason to do so.

You don't see a contradiction between these statements?

You stated categorically that there is a good chance that Muslim parents would murder their child for being homosexual. You did not qualify this statement in anyway.

Where is your proof of this being the norm in Europe?

I ask because of I have many Gay friends who are Muslim and have excellent relationships with their parents who utterly failed to murder them for being homosexual :confused:

You don't see a contradiction between these statements?

You stated categorically that there is a good chance that Muslim parents would murder their child for being homosexual. You did not qualify this statement in anyway.

Where is your proof of this being the norm in Europe?
    I told you to look up honour killings, especially the case in Berlin (one of many that year). Anything that threatens "family honour" (and I'm sure you would agree that homosexuality would be included in this concept) becomes a reason to kill someone, especially a woman in SOME of these communities. E.g. the parts of the Turkish community in Germany. In that particular case I assume that these cultures originate from the Middle Eastern parts of Turkey, rather than Istanbul/Ankara in the West which are far more liberal. Again, I say this because I've known some Turks who I think are sound.
    I ask because of I have many Gay friends who are Muslim and have excellent relationships with their parents who utterly failed to murder them for being homosexual :confused:
    That is to be welcomed, but it suggests that your friends are members of a more open minded Islamic community. Furthermore it also suggests that this particular community has assimilated into Western society, as opposed to being multicultural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It does actually happen... from UK.

Pakistan-born parents guilty of murdering ‘westernised’ British daughter

http://dawn.com/2012/08/03/parents-guilty-of-murdering-westernised-british-daughter/

Different incident..

Westernsed girl killed by Father

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-197856/Westernised-girl-killed-Muslim-father.html

Police believe there were 12 such killings in Britain last year, including six in London, and have vowed to investigate other members of the community who may have colluded to help cover up the death.

I told you to look up honour killings, especially the case in Berlin (one of many that year). Anything that threatens "family honour" (and I'm sure you would agree that homosexuality would be included in this concept) becomes a reason to kill someone, especially a woman in SOME of these communities. E.g. the parts of the Turkish community in Germany. In that particular case I assume that these cultures originate from the Middle Eastern parts of Turkey, rather than Istanbul/Ankara in the West which are far more liberal. Again, I say this because I've known some Turks who I think are sound.

That is to be welcomed, but it suggests that your friends are members of a more open minded Islamic community.

I don't care what you told me to do- YOU stated 'If they were Muslims, theres' a good chance her parents would have murdered her.' - where is your evidence to support this statement?

Where I worked in London we had a Turkish Group - which later formed a women's group which later formed a Turkish Lesbian group - there were enough members in the latter to be able to get a start-up grant from the L.A.

The main Turkish group fund raised for both the Women's Group and the Lesbian group. The only objection I ever heard in 6 years working there was from the elderly father of one of the women who was visiting her from Turkey objecting to her smoking in public. He told her she should be more like her girlfriend - a nice non-smoker. This guy was in his 70s, a farmer from a remote area and a devout Muslim.

We also had a Bengali group, a Pakistani Group and a Kurdish Group.

In 6 years not once was I, a very 'out' lesbian, treated with anything less then respect by the many Muslims I met every single day and worked closely with. I was invited into their homes to eat, they came to me for advice on a wide range of issues, my OH and I were invited to weddings and important family occasional and had lovely lunches dropped into me on a near daily basis by way of saying thanks.

K.Flyer wrote: »

http://dawn.com/2012/08/03/parents-guilty-of-murdering-westernised-british-daughter/

Different incident..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-197856/Westernised-girl-killed-Muslim-father.html

Police believe there were 12 such killings in Britain last year, including six in London, and have vowed to investigate other members of the community who may have colluded to help cover up the death.

Seanw stated 'If they were Muslims, theres' a good chance her parents would have murdered her' in regards to a young woman being Gay.

That is the statement that needs to be proven or withdrawn.

Seanw stated 'If they were Muslims, theres' a good chance her parents would have murdered her' in regards to a young woman being Gay.

That is the statement that needs to be proven or withdrawn.
    Common logic.

Many in immigrant communities in Europe hold to ideologies of family honour.
    Honour killings happen from time to time, where people (usually women) do anything that could be construed as harming the family honour.
    It seems reasonable to accept that homosexuality is included in the above.

Thus it is very likely that homosexuality could be the motivation for some honour killings in Europe, along with such things as being "too Westernised" drinking alcohol etc.

Edit: Perhaps on reflection "good chance" was exaggerated slightly as it would only apply to certain Islamic communities in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Different incident..

Again, we're seeing big claims backed up by very poor evidence - usually by reference to a couple of shock!horror! newspaper reports.

10-12 honour killings per year in a population of 2 million Muslims does not constitute SeanW's "good chance her parents would have murdered her". It's 0.0006%.

And that, of course, is before we get onto the subject of whether honour killings are actually an Islamic practice, or a historical practice. See, for example, here: http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2012/honour-crimes/

Less of these kind of badly-supported claims, please.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Scofflaw wrote: »

Again, we're seeing big claims backed up by very poor evidence - usually by reference to a couple of shock!horror! newspaper reports.

10-12 honour killings per year in a population of 2 million Muslims does not constitute SeanW's "good chance her parents would have murdered her". It's 0.0006%.

And that, of course, is before we get onto the subject of whether honour killings are actually an Islamic practice, or a historical practice. See, for example, here: http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2012/honour-crimes/

Less of these kind of badly-supported claims, please.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

The shock horror newspaper reports are reports on something that went through the UK judicial system, not made up fiction.
    I was indicating that unfortunately these actions exist in some cultures.

Honour Killings amoungst Muslims are a cultural practise not a law of Islam.
    At the same time there are other dispicable practices carried out by other cultures around the world that rarely garnish media attention.

The shock horror newspaper reports are reports on something that went through the UK judicial system, not made up fiction.
    I was indicating that unfortunately these actions exist in some cultures.

Honour Killings amoungst Muslims are a cultural practise not a law of Islam.
    At the same time there are other dispicable practices carried out by other cultures around the world that rarely garnish media attention.

As a quick google search on so-called 'bride burning' shows this is an issue that has garnered widespread coverage for decades and is prevalent enough among Hindus that the Indian government is seriously concerned - yet, judging by some of the posts by anti-mosque advocates we can be sure that the fact that this also occurs among Pakistani Muslims would be used as a reason to ban the building of a mosque while at the same time they would ignore it's occurrence among Hindus.

Search: https://isearch.avg.com/pages/abt/gloc/search.aspx?q=bride+burning&sap=nt&lang=en&mid=095731bd263547d09b2b9d3bfff17523-8b602c167954c5aaafe617d56f953b27aa7f6419&cid=%7BE0F27689-FF61-43D3-AF9F-D21E44C62776%7D&v=12.2.5.32&ds=AVG&d=8%2F27%2F2012+11%3A13%3A49+AM&pr=fr&snd=hp&tc=test4

Much of the 'laws' that people assume are religious are in fact cultural. Not all Muslim women cover even their hair - never mind wear the hajib. I have worked with Muslim women who wore jeans, trainers and their uncover hair in a ponytail or -gasp - cut short.

Pakistan has had a female Prime Minister - something Ireland has never managed. It also has 2 female generals in it's army - Ireland has zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

I'd like to remind posters that if you have an issue with moderation, please take it up with the moderator via PM, rather than posting on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭lagente

Pakistan has had a female Prime Minister - something Ireland has never managed. It also has 2 female generals in it's army - Ireland has zero.

Indeed they did, and look what people financially backed by the kind of Saudi political extremists you allowed into Ireland did to her.

I'm certain there is a very large NEOliberal bias in boards.ie

lagente wrote: »
    Indeed they did, and look what people financially backed by the kind of Saudi political extremists you allowed into Ireland did to her.

I'm certain there is a very large NEOliberal bias in boards.ie

Examples and sources, please.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

ice man75 wrote: »
    Well thanks for not answering the questions I put to you, I wont be as rude.

I suppose the start of the impact would be the big building site with heavy plant and machineary dragging up dust and just the general noise level and othe problems big building sites bring. traffic congestion in the area is really bad at the moment ( and has been for years) it will only make that worse.

and the " which is it Q"

the reasons above would answer that, and I dont know the future so there could be other implications

So, a bit of noise and traffic complications? The horror, the horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ice man75

old hippy wrote: »
    So, a bit of noise and traffic complications? The horror, the horror.

Old Hippy I didnt say in my post it was all my reasons for being against the mosque or did I?

Old Hippy I didnt say in my post it was all my reasons for being against the mosque or did I?

ice man - would you object to a shopping centre, industrial zone, park and ride being built on the same site?

What about a 'super' evangelical chapel with school of the same size?

ice man - would you object to a shopping centre, industrial zone, park and ride being built on the same site?

What about a 'super' evangelical chapel with school of the same size?

Yes we have an unused shopping center complete with a park and ride ( P & R is being used) and there is a big industrial park 10mins walk from where the site is.

Im not into religion so no matter what religion wanted to build a big huge feckin church i would have questions about it, as is my right as a resident of the area

Yes we have an unused shopping center complete with a park and ride ( P & R is being used) and there is a big industrial park 10mins walk from where the site is.

Im not into religion so no matter what religion wanted to build a big huge feckin church i would have questions about it, as is my right as a resident of the area

Then why muddy the waters by resorting to sectarian type anti-Muslim comments?

Examples and sources, please

I'm not sure ice man has done so - can you cite examples, please?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Do you have proof the mosques haven't been infiltrated? I doubt the preach hate out in the open it's usually cloak and dagger kinda stuff...
    Examples and sources, please
    Scofflaw wrote: »
    I'm not sure ice man has done so - can you cite examples, please?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Is positing a Muslim = fundamentalist = terrorist equation by being a 'when did you stop beating your wife?' type question.

Is positing a Muslim = fundamentalist = terrorist equation by being a 'when did you stop beating your wife?' type question.

It is, as has been noted, the kind of claim it's completely impossible to prove, and hardly forms part of an objection on the basis of planning and capacity issues.

ice man?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Different incident..

And people who drink alcohol have been known to murder others. Does that mean all drinkers of alcohol are murderers and we should ban pubs?

Bannasidhe that is the first time anyone ever said I did an equation thanks!!! I’ve answered this before
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ice man75
    Where did I say the mosques have been infiltrated? I asked a question for proof big difference blunt guy
    And please don’t assume you know what my view point is on the subject.

Why does anyone else have to prove anything? You're asking for "proof" that the mosque hasn't or won't be infiltrated. The implicit assumption upon which that question rests, is that there is a significant chance the mosque will be, or has already been infiltrated.

You more explicitly hint at the same idea here:

Quote:
    I doubt the preach hate out in the open it's usually cloak and dagger kinda stuff...

You should present some evidence of this. You are making a claim here, whether you realise it or not.

Blunt guy
    it was and still is a bit of tongue and cheek. One would assume " preachers of hate " don’t do it in the open as they would get caught very quickly. I asked for proof because I can’t you can’t and the vast majority can’t prove it either way.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ice man75
    What did I imply through my question? and I all ready replied to you about it so why do you keep bringing it up ?
    Because it was one of those 'so when did you stop beating your wife?' questions and it allied you with the anti-Muslim brigade - or have you not noticed who is thanking your posts?

This post I didn’t see it but here is your answer. In your opinion it allied me with anti-Muslim brigade I can’t stop you or anyone else from assuming anything about me. And further more I don’t care who’s thanking my posts. As I’ve stated before I’m against this development because it will impact on my life not yours or anyone else’s mine.

And people who drink alcohol have been known to murder others. Does that mean all drinkers of alcohol are murderers and we should ban pubs?

...it has been tried.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

The file 3325/12 is up on DCC's web site for people to view

The file 3325/12 is up on DCC's web site for people to view

I haven't got the time, inclination or energy to read it. Can you summarize it for us, please?

I haven't got the time, inclination or energy to read it. Can you summarize it for us, please?

No.

• Advertisement

No.

Well, you've obviously read it - can you not give a media friendly soundbyte to those of us who don't have time?

Well, you've obviously read it - can you not give a media friendly soundbyte to those of us who don't have time?

Níl, i dont mé ag am chun cabhrú le
    beannacht beannacht
    mo chara

Please refrain from editing my posts

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

There's a mosque, a school, a leisure centre and a conference hall and restaurant. There is a garden down the middle of the site splitting the mosque/conference hall with the school/leisure centre building. This is a public garden that will provide a walkway from Marrsfield in the north to Clongirffin Main St. in the south. The site will be surrounded by an interrupted wall to keep with the Islamic transition of the walled garden while at the same leaving breaks in the wall so the internal structures can be viewed. Panhandle park, a neighbourhood park on the original plans looks like it will be getting completed as part of this. Panhandle Park lies to the south of the centre.

There is no indication of who is funding the project (though the directors are listed). The application makes reference to the backers of the Clonskeagh centre, the deputy rules of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum but by my reading does not say who is funding this.

The leisure centre and conference centre are intended for general use (i.e. by the wider public). No indication of how these facilities will be managed is given by my reading.

The Clonskeagh site was 4 acres in total, this is 6.

The application states the following aims. These are lifted verbatim form the site islamireland.ie
    • Providing quality services to the Muslim community in Ireland.
    • Assist in stabilising the Islamic presence in Ireland to have a positive and acceptable effect.
    • Striving towards the development of a noble and active Muslim generation in Ireland.
    • Addressing all misconceptions that distort the image of Islam.
    • Building bridges with the wider society in order to portray the true understanding of Islam and its humane values.
    • Confirming the unity and universality of Islam through proper co-ordination with the local and European Islamic organisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

skD13 wrote: »
    There's a mosque, a school, a leisure centre and a conference hall and restaurant. There is a garden down the middle of the site splitting the mosque/conference hall with the school/leisure centre building. This is a public garden that will provide a walkway from Marrsfield in the north to Clongirffin Main St. in the south. The site will be surrounded by an interrupted wall to keep with the Islamic transition of the walled garden while at the same leaving breaks in the wall so the internal structures can be viewed. Panhandle park, a neighbourhood park on the original plans looks like it will be getting completed as part of this. Panhandle Park lies to the south of the centre.

There is no indication of who is funding the project (though the directors are listed). The application makes reference to the backers of the Clonskeagh centre, the deputy rules of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum but by my reading does not say who is funding this.

The leisure centre and conference centre are intended for general use (i.e. by the wider public). No indication of how these facilities will be managed is given by my reading.

The Clonskeagh site was 4 acres in total, this is 6.

The application states the following aims. These are lifted verbatim form the site islamireland.ie
    Sounds great, Lets hope it gets the green light. It will certainly be the envy of most communities.

Níl, i dont mé ag am chun cabhrú le
    beannacht beannacht
    mo chara

Is that supposed to intimidate me? :confused:

Answer in English, please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement