Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plan to build $84 million Super Mosque in Dublin Ireland.

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm still waiting for some studies that illustrate the detrimental effects that Islam has had on English society that MrD was so emphatic about. Especially since he claims to have studied it in great detail but has only produced a few tabloid articles on it. And the muslim woman who is apparently seeking help from the bnp who doesn't appear to exist. :D
    old hippy wrote: »
    Is that supposed to intimidate me? :confused:

Answer in English, please.

Translation: No, I don't have the time to help with.
    God Bless, God Bless.(Or Blessings, Blessings)
    My Friend.

It was some rather shoddy Irish with 'I don't' randomly appearing in it. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for some studies that illustrate the detrimental effects that Islam has had on English society that MrD was so emphatic about. Especially since he claims to have studied it in great detail but has only produced a few tabloid articles on it. And the muslim woman who is apparently seeking help from the bnp who doesn't appear to exist. :D

Translation: No, I don't have the time to help with.
    God Bless, God Bless.(Or Blessings, Blessings)
    My Friend.

It was some rather shoddy Irish with 'I don't' randomly appearing in it. :pac:

Cheers, fella. The old "as gaeilge" is fairly ropey, these days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Cheers, fella. The old "as gaeilge" is fairly ropey, these days :)

I've found it is among those who attempt to post as Gaelige as well. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ice man75

Is that supposed to intimidate me? :confused:

Answer in English, please.

Eeh no you signed off " mo chara " in an earlier post actually.
    & what I wrote was
    I don't have time to help with (I left out ) it
    Bye bye
    Mo chara

Not intimidating in any language
    Why was your first thought " intimidation"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Enough. Google Translate will handle Irish, but posting in Irish without translation is not generally acceptable.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Sounds great, Lets hope it gets the green light. It will certainly be the envy of most communities.

Do you live in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

ice man75 wrote: »
    Do you live in the area?
    Where I live is wholly irrellavent.
    It is facile to argue that only those who in a specific area are entitled to view on the rights of a religious group to have a place of worship or cultural centre.
    It is like suggesting that on the parents of currently ill children should be allowed voice an opinion on the location of the Childrens hospital.

Where I live is wholly irrellavent.
    It is facile to argue that only those who in a specific area are entitled to view on the rights of a religious group to have a place of worship or cultural centre.
    It is like suggesting that on the parents of currently ill children should be allowed voice an opinion on the location of the Childrens hospital.

It's relevant because if you lived in the area you could enjoy the facilities yourself.
    And I NEVER said anything about where people live gives them the right to have any extra entitlement to a view on the subject which IMO is about a large scale development in my area. Is there any large scale developments in your area? I have only voiced my opinion on the development and as far as I'm concerned it could be " Irelands Vatican" being built beside me and I'd have the same questions to ask

So please stop bringing the religious aspect into it some of the pro mosque people are just as bad as the anti mosque
    And at a guess you live many miles away, maybe if your in the area after It's built you can come up and have a walk around & a bite to eat in friendly clongriffin.

Eeh no you signed off " mo chara " in an earlier post actually.
    & what I wrote was
    I don't have time to help with (I left out ) it
    Bye bye
    Mo chara

Not intimidating in any language
    Why was your first thought " intimidation"?

It's what some so called patriots do, to confuse others who don't speak the lingo fluently.

I think most here know the term "a chara" but why didn't you address me in the common language here?

I've lived beside churches, mosques, temples and so forth - why are you so antsy about living beside this new development? If it's purely traffic/noise reasons, couldn't you just move?

It's what some so called patriots do, to confuse others who don't speak the lingo fluently.

I think most here know the term "a chara" but why didn't you address me in the common language here?

I've lived beside churches, mosques, temples and so forth - why are you so antsy about living beside this new development? If it's purely traffic/noise reasons, couldn't you just move?

When you have the answered the questions I asked you I will consider yours

• Advertisement

When you have the answered the questions I asked you I will consider yours

What questions? I answered why I thought your as gailege post was intimidating.

Be honest, you've run out of steam, haven't you? Just like earlier when you made that post and refused to summarise it.

So, once more, if it's purely traffic/noise reasons, couldn't you just move?

An answer this time, not some kind of juvenile retort, cheers.

What questions? I answered why I thought your as gailege post was intimidating.

Be honest, you've run out of steam, haven't you? Just like earlier when you made that post and refused to summarise it.

So, once more, if it's purely traffic/noise reasons, couldn't you just move?

An answer this time, not some kind of juvenile retort, cheers.

The questions I refer to were in this topic earlier
    1 was how big was the mosque you lived beside?
    Can't remember rest I'd suggest a little search on your behalf. I'm gonna watch homeland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Yes, I think we've now jumped the shark. If anyone strongly feels the thread should be reopened, PM me.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement