Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damaged hair cut or repair

• 09-10-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi

So after years of dying n bleaching hair my hair is feeling the damage. I had it bleached then I dyed over it a few times, then put it colour before in it. I then died it several times but in last 2 months I have stopped and done nothing with it. My roots are lovely shade, then I have goldy shade for about a inch then black for about 3 inch's. then my hair is so damaged its awful looking till I straighten it. So fuzzy n loads of bits broken its dark with red tones but u can see faded red/ginger when the sun is at it. My hair is currently around armpit length.

Was thinking of putting in colour before and going to hairdressers see what they could do. Should I keep the length, I put in good conditioners after each wash but it's still horrible n dry. I really wanna grow all the colour out of my hair as my natural colour is lovely.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Cut cut cut.

You can use all the products in the world but they can only help so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Cut cut cut.

You can use all the products in the world but they can only help so much.

I was hoping that wasn't the solution. Dam my coarse hair :-( always looks damaged.

Anybody any goods tips on building up condition of remaining hair I think I'd only go just above my shoulders getting it cut so would get 5 inch's off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Stench Blossoms is right, the only cure is to cut it regularly until the damage grows out.

Maybe a trip to the hairdressers before you use Color B4 again. I hear its very harsh and since your hair is already damaged you should probably avoid it if possible.

Use leave in conditioners to tame the coarseness, or try a leave in oil, but for the long term health of your hair I'd avoid heat appliances (especially straighteners) until it all the damage grows out.

Good luck :)

Redken Anti Snap is a good product to use.

Redken Anti Snap is a good product to use.

I have a good oil, just need to use it some more it's kerastase I think. Dreading getting so much cut, do vitamins work to help it grow quicker

• Advertisement

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I have a good oil, just need to use it some more it's kerastase I think. Dreading getting so much cut, do vitamins work to help it grow quicker
    I had to get my hair cut up. As in almost a 2 all over. That was June 2011. Today my hair is just down passed my shoulders.

I didn't blowdry it or straighten it for 6 months and it was like it had miracle grow in it.

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I had to get my hair cut up. As in almost a 2 all over. That was June 2011. Today my hair is just down passed my shoulders.

I didn't blowdry it or straighten it for 6 months and it was like it had miracle grow in it.

I haven't got a face for short short hair. Think my boyfriend would kill me too. I was good today left deep conditioner in 2 hrs then a oil n let it dry naturally. So going to keep doing that more often

Don't do it too often. Your hair will get used to that sort of treatment and will become dependent on it.

Advertisement