Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Merch wrote: »
    otters in Dublin??

They are on the Liffey, one can be seen swimming as far as Collins barracks.
    gozunda wrote: »
    It has been shown that foxes have moved from rural to urban areas to scavenge and are now breeding

They were here before we were, they are just successfully adapting. There isn't an issue, we don't bother them, they don't bother us. That's how it is, that's how it always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

gozunda wrote: »
    That said the average city dweller probably has few opportunities of actually seeing a fox due to their nocturnal habits and ability to stay concealed even in built up urban areas..

Would not be too sure of that, I have seen foxes during the day on a regular basis, during the summer you can frequently see them resting in the sun.

Picture taken in July of this year around 2pm in Dublin 12.

224287.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Any urban fox I've ever seen has ran away from me.

Think there is otters in the dodder just beyond Tallaght but that's nearly the countryside really.

Have seen an owl as far in as Walkinstown before.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

dchris - 2 week ban for personal attack.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cut the off-topic chat.

tHB

• Advertisement
Advertisement