Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Really? Thought I read that feedback would be sent by post..... Could be wrong! Hope I'm wrong - email would be better / quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Yeah, detailed feedback by post. But I was under the impression we would be emailed our panel position.

Maybe I am wrong, I think I read that somewhere among all the literature.

The more I think about it, the less confident I feel :(

Yeah - me too! I've got it in my head now that I didn't get it..... Really hope I'm wrong!

Suppose it's better than being convinced you did get it - only to be told you didn't!

Would really just like to know now one way or the other.... It's such a long process - October to now!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Got a letter with my position on the panel, won't be posting the number but its the one I wanted. Best of luck to everyone.

Well done Tripp - congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Tripp wrote: »
    Got a letter with my position on the panel, won't be posting the number but its the one I wanted. Best of luck to everyone.

Did they give you your marks from all the tests etc., and does it say how many are on the panel.

Congratulations :D

deelite wrote: »
    Did they give you your marks from all the tests etc., and does it say how many are on the panel.

Congratulations :D

Nope doesn't give any such information. Just gives my position on the panel and to contact them if I'm not happy with it. Not at home so can't physically see the letter . Hopefully everyone gets their result today.

Well Done Tripp!

I just got a text to inform me results were posted on Friday so should have them today/tomorrow.

I assume everybody got the same

Yes - legged it home at lunch time to check. Letter there - I made the cut! Absolutely thrilled. Good luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Got mine too, made the cut thank god!!! Congratulations to everyone and the best of luck to anyone that hasn't heard yet.

• Advertisement

Wel Done Lads.

I wish I knew mine.

In work until 6pm and nobody at home.

What does the letter say? Does it just give your position on the panel?

For the people that recieved the letter, is your position higher or lower than it was after the assesment?

What kind of panel position should we be aiming for to get started in 2013 do we think?

Again, congrats to all

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carrie2012

Congrats to everyone. I too got on the panel.

When you say you made the cut I presume you just mean you got placed?

Does anyone know how many jobs there is and how big the panel is going to be?

Yes - just that we got on the panel. I'd love to know how many jobs there are going to be; and when they might start taking people from the panel. I also wonder, will they take groups of 10 - 20 (for training purposes) or will we be picked individually (which could take a lot longer).... So many questions!

@ Pigeon Chaser, I thought the panel only lasted a year? So that would've made me think that we'd all get a job before 2013 is out? Again, I could be wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Got the letter too, made the panel also! Happy enough, good to just know all the same! I suppose it's all done now all we can do is wait and continue going about our lives, if it comes up it comes up! Well done to everyone!

For the people that recieved the letter, is your position higher or lower than it was after the assesment?

What kind of panel position should we be aiming for to get started in 2013 do we think?

Again, congrats to all
    My Panel number is ALOT below what I got for the assessment.
    I've heard that there is roughly 100 jobs for Call Takers from people within control. But they are not sure if all those were advertised externally or half and half. So possibly 50 jobs on publicjobs.ie and 50 internally within the public sector

Tripp wrote: »
    My Panel number is ALOT below what I got for the assessment.
    I've heard that there is roughly 100 jobs for Call Takers from people within control. But they are not sure if all those were advertised externally or half and half. So possibly 50 jobs on publicjobs.ie and 50 internally within the public sector

I was expecting to get a bit higher in the panel but when you think about it, very small differences, a mark here or there is what separates us all, which could mean a difference of 10 or 20 places on the panel. 100 jobs sounds good! I wonder when they'll start sending alerts etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

i failed to make the panel, so disappointed :(

djor88 wrote: »
    I was expecting to get a bit higher in the panel but when you think about it, very small differences, a mark here or there is what separates us all, which could mean a difference of 10 or 20 places on the panel. 100 jobs sounds good! I wonder when they'll start sending alerts etc...

When I say my panel is lower than my assessment. I mean the number is lower. But yeah a mark here, a mark there could easily make the difference to being on the panel and not. I've no idea when we find out. Letter said nothing!

eviem wrote: »
    i failed to make the panel, so disappointed :(

Sorry to hear that eviem, always next time.. Keep the chin up

Just home.

My letter included my interviewers notes. I am absolutely thrilled. I have an excellent panel position. My concerns following interview appeared to have been unjustified.

Dont want to give my panel number but it is below 10.

Well done to everybody.

To those that didnt get what they wanted, keep the chin up and stay positive.

Remember, you have done really well to get this far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Congrats to everyone that made the panel, Im also delighted to say that I made the panel...top 10, couldn't believe it!

Also started contract in phoenix park with CPL today!

Top 10 too.... Think we have around 5 of the top 10 on here now!

How'd it go in the Phoenix Park Einstein? You in training now?

Jaystar wrote: »
    Top 10 too.... Think we have around 5 of the top 10 on here now!

How'd it go in the Phoenix Park Einstein? You in training now?
    Certainly am! Off to "The Wesht" for a while tho! Don't think peeps were massively enthused about that! :P

I can imagine!! How long will you be over there for?

Jaystar wrote: »
    I can imagine!! How long will you be over there for?
    Not totally sure just yet...6 or 7 nights maybe..

Ah, could be worse!! That's bearable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

Einstein wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone that made the panel, Im also delighted to say that I made the panel...top 10, couldn't believe it!

Also started contract in phoenix park with CPL today!

Jesus you've it all sewn up. You'll be flying it So when they go live with the panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

Einstein wrote: »
    Not totally sure just yet...6 or 7 nights maybe..

What ye going there for

qwertypop wrote: »

What ye going there for
    Doing part of our training there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

just received results lett this morning, didnt make the panel...gutted but I'll get over it

Advertisement