Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Sorry to hear that doggy....

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Hi Folks! Congrats to those of you who made it onto the panel! Hard luck to those who didn't! :( Chat to ye on the airwaves soon! :) Enjoy the training!

Any ideas how soon we might be chatting on the airwaves Medic475?? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Ahh the waiting game. How i loathe you :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I know, no fun at all waiting around. Anyone get any solid info on how big the panel is and how many they're taking on etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Einstein,

How is the training going?

Did they give you any indication of what the working hours / shift patterns will be once you have your training complete and get settled in properly?

Einstein,

How is the training going?

Did they give you any indication of what the working hours / shift patterns will be once you have your training complete and get settled in properly?

When I was in the NAS control room a few weeks ago for a look, I got to see the call takers shift roster. Shifts i noticed were all either 07.00-19.00, or 19.00-07.00... At moment they're 12 hour shifts. The lads were doing 3 on, 4 off, 4 on 3 off etc and at one stage it was ending up that one of the lads was coming up to having 9 days off in a row! Sound!

Yeah - that sounds bearable alright!! Wonder will we be doing the same shifts. Wish we knew when we might be getting the call..... Hope it's soon.....

Hopefully we might hear something this week.

I am keen to get training

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Did the interview for Dispatcher last Monday, got the letter this morning, no joy I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement

Ah flazio - that's disappointing..... Did you go for / get the call taker position?

Pigeon Chaser - I hope we hear this week! Would be great to have a start date even..... Wonder if there's any way of finding out when they might start calling us.....

Jaystar wrote: »
    Ah flazio - that's disappointing..... Did you go for / get the call taker position?

Pigeon Chaser - I hope we hear this week! Would be great to have a start date even..... Wonder if there's any way of finding out when they might start calling us.....

I spoke to the recruitment people and they don't even know. They are waiting on the Ambulance Service to give the go ahead.

Yes..... I fear we could be sitting on the panel for a good while.

Does anyone know if the new command & control centre is up and running yet? Very difficult to find any definite information.....

Yes..... I fear we could be sitting on the panel for a good while.

Does anyone know if the new command & control centre is up and running yet? Very difficult to find any definite information.....
    Its not running and it won't be until maybe June. There only starting the fit out of the building

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

I asked in my interview and was told that it will be up and running by the end of this year for definite

Anyone an idea of how many they'll take through from the panel?

And how long does training take? Think someone mentioned it on here previously but I can't find it!

And how long does training take? Think someone mentioned it on here previously but I can't find it!

Roughly 11 weeks

And do you know if they'll be taking us one by one or will they take groups of 10 / 20 / 50 etc?

So many questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carrie2012

Anyone that got the job through cpl on here still? Just wondering if you had holidays booked and they are falling during the training where do you stand with it? Don't want to book our holiday and then lose out on it but t the same time could be waiting months before we hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Carrie2012 wrote: »
    Anyone that got the job through cpl on here still? Just wondering if you had holidays booked and they are falling during the training where do you stand with it? Don't want to book our holiday and then lose out on it but t the same time could be waiting months before we hear anything.

Without sounding cold......tough. You can book a holiday and go but if the dates fall during your training then you'll be expected to cancel them.
    Know it sounds harsh but that will be the answer you get back if this happens.

When I was on a panel waiting for paramedic course I never knew when I'd get called. This process is nothing new.

And do you know if they'll be taking us one by one or will they take groups of 10 / 20 / 50 etc?

So many questions!!

The end of your interview was the best time and place to ask these questions. I wouldn't rely on boards for an accurate answer. Class size regularly changes to meet the demands of the organisation, there have been paramedic classes of 20 and some with over 30.
    There is no number set in stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

So many questions!!

Why did you not ask those questions in the interview

qwertypop wrote: »

Why did you not ask those questions in the interview

Was too busy talking about me! :)

I did ask. Didn't get a definite answer..... Nor was I expecting one (there or here).

I just thought I'd throw it out to the "discussion forum" to see if anyone had any "thoughts" on the matter. Not looking for definite, specific answers.

I just thought I'd throw it out to the "discussion forum" to see if anyone had any "thoughts" on the matter. Not looking for definite, specific answers.

Well I do think I answered those questions with my experienced based "thoughts"

antichrist wrote: »

Well I do think I answered those questions with my experienced based "thoughts"

I think you did too! It's only people with some experience that'll be able to give the rest of us some idea about how the whole thing works. This is my first time on a panel - I'm certainly no expert in the area and welcome any insight anyone can give! So thanks antichrist! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carrie2012

antichrist wrote: »

Without sounding cold......tough. You can book a holiday and go but if the dates fall during your training then you'll be expected to cancel them.
    Know it sounds harsh but that will be the answer you get back if this happens.

When I was on a panel waiting for paramedic course I never knew when I'd get called. This process is nothing new.

Your not sounding cold at all. Think I'll just have to take the risk and book holidays. If I'm lucky enough to even get called then I'll have to change it ;) thank you;)

Well, here's hoping we hear something this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Just saw on NAS facebook page that they are looking for companies to tender for the new control centre's in Donegal and Dublin.

• Advertisement

Perhaps (Hopefully) we will hear something this week

Advertisement