Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carrie2012

Perhaps (Hopefully) we will hear something this week

Here's hoping. Would just like to know something instead of hanging in limbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

It would be nice to have an idea..... Even if it's not going to be in the immediate future. Better to know....

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Have heard some info regarding us.
    There is a group from CPL training currently in Tara street and after they are finished there is another group to be trained which i think is us, not sure.
    The new Control Centre in Tallaght isn't due to be completed untill November, they haven't even started the fit out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Tripp wrote: »
    There is a group from CPL training currently in Tara street and after they are finished there is another group to be trained which i think is us, not sure.
    The new Control Centre in Tallaght isn't due to be completed untill November, they haven't even started the fit out yet.

Cheers Tripp, any idea or word on how big the group(s) are? Wonder how many will be taken on

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Don't rely on what you hear about the Tallaght control centre because current staff have been given new dates every few months, and this has been ongoing for over three years now and they still don't have anything definite and as you've already stated the fitting out of the new centre has not even begun!!

The next proposal is the taking over of the Southern control, base this on the demand for new staff at present, but this will require more registered dispatchers, not call takers and there are currently only call takers operating under the agency name.

• Advertisement

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Don't rely on what you hear about the Tallaght control centre because current staff have been given new dates every few months, and this has been ongoing for over three years now and they still don't have anything definite and as you've already stated the fitting out of the new centre has not even begun!!

The next proposal is the taking over of the Southern control, base this on the demand for new staff at present, but this will require more registered dispatchers, not call takers and there are currently only call takers operating under the agency name.
    Yeah the information on the Control Room finish date seems to changing weekly!! The building does look good though and when its finished it will be great. When that happens is the big question :-).
    If i fulfilled the requirements for Dispatcher i would of went for it but oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Any idea how long into their training they are? (When are they due to finish?)

I think someone said it's 14 weeks.....

And they started around 28 January (someone on here was starting training through CPL then anyway) ...

Which would mean they're due to finish around mid-May?

The HSE has the funds now NAS Service Plan 2013. So possible movement soon

It's really dragging out now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Yeah really taking a while, I'd say we're in for a long haul here!

I haven't heard anything unfortunately. If I hear anything I will let you all know. The wait and unknown really is a killer :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smh26

doubt we're gonna hear anything till june at the earliest. thats what i was told when we had the panel interview :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Pretty sure they're holding off on these until tallaght is on the horizon. Just my 0.02c

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Student paramedic positions (panel) being advertised on public jobs if anyone is interested, still haven't got my C1 licence need to get my arse in gear :mad:

I've heard the ballyshannon call centre have started taking candidates off the panel. Is this true? Also with the Panel is it 1 panel covering both call centres or seperate ones for each call centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Carrie2012 wrote: »
    I've heard the ballyshannon call centre have started taking candidates off the panel. Is this true? Also with the Panel is it 1 panel covering both call centres or seperate ones for each call centre?

One panel for both centre's I think everyone had to pick a preference at the initial application either Dublin or Donegal

Thanks for that. Yeah I remember choosing was just wondering was it a separate panel for each.

Any move on the panel is a good sign I suppose!

Yup, great to hear there is some activity alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Don't think there's any movement yet folks. I've mates who are in the top 10 and 1 put down dublin, the other Donegal and they haven't heard anything yet

Don't think there's any movement yet folks. I've mates who are in the top 10 and 1 put down dublin, the other Donegal and they haven't heard anything yet

Was really hoping what I heard was true ;( fingers crossed we hear something for certain soon. Suspense is a killer lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulie84

Heard from my boss, who has it from head of the HSE, that the centre in Tallaght is still set for a November start up. That's the only solid piece of info I heard. Everything else is speculation at the moment.

Any1 else get an email regarding ECT? I take it that the number at the end of the reference number relates to your position on the panel?

Any1 else get an email regarding ECT? I take it that the number at the end of the reference number relates to your position on the panel?

Yeah, I just got it now. I think it means that if you want to apply for position 1 then you use the first ref number in your reply. So if you're outside the top ten and you want to express an interest your best bet is to used the 10th ref number from the email. If you're inside the top ten you should used the ref number that corresponds to your panel place. I think. If I'm wrong please correct this.

Just rang the Area operations Manager to clarify the reference number etc. I was told he not in today and will get back to me tomorrow

Just rang the Area operations Manager to clarify the reference number etc. I was told he not in today and will get back to me tomorrow

Fair enough I suppose.

Great to have some movement. :D

Yeah, it is a little confusing. My initial impression is you express your interest in all 10 and they will offer to candidates based on order of merit.

Another thing ...

What does WTE stand for does anybody know?
    Contract
    Permanent
    1 WTE

Edit:

Wont allow me to post a large body of text within a spoiler

• Advertisement

Great to have some movement. :D

Yeah, it is a little confusing. My initial impression is you express your interest in all 10 and they will offer to candidates based on order of merit.

Another thing ...

What does WTE stand for does anybody know?

Well if i was 9th on the panel I would apply an interest in position nine. That means I'd definitely get that position. But if I'm 9th and I apply for position 1 then it will only take a person higher on the panel than me to get that position over me. So it's a pointless risk. Same goes if you're outside the top ten. I'm gunna wait until I get home to check into it further.

Advertisement