Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Paulie84 wrote: »
    Well if i was 9th on the panel I would apply an interest in position nine. That means I'd definitely get that position. But if I'm 9th and I apply for position 1 then it will only take a person higher on the panel than me to get that position over me. So it's a pointless risk. Same goes if you're outside the top ten. I'm gunna wait until I get home to check into it further.

Would this email have been sent to candidates outside the Top 10 too?

Well, at least if you are placed Top 10, and your references check out and you pass your medical, looks like there is a definite job offer there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Well, at least if you are placed Top 10, and your references check out and you pass your medical, looks like there is a definite job offer there :D

Yeah it was sent to Candidates outside Top 10. And yeah if your in the Top 10 its very good for them

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

This is all very confusing I'm way down in the 60's should I apply? should I wait a little longer??

Answers on a postcard please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulie84

flanna wrote: »
    This is all very confusing I'm way down in the 60's should I apply? should I wait a little longer??

Answers on a postcard please.....

Of coarse. But being in the 60s means that they will more than likely fill all 10 positions with people higher up on the panel. But expressing your interest will not change your position on the panel if you don't get it this round. So you have nothing to lose. You'll be able to apply to later job alerts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Pass your medical??? Didnt know there was a medical????

• Advertisement

Pass your medical??? Didnt know there was a medical????

Well, am just assuming there is.

Would be surprised if there wasn't.

Nothing to worry about. Just standard practice

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

What does WTE stand for does anybody know?

Whole Time Equivalent = Full time position.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Got the email too. Great to see things starting to move! :))

The whole position number thing is quite confusing.

It'd also be great to have some idea about a sart date for training.

Might need to put a call in at some stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hey lads, great to see there's movement on this! I like flanna am not top 10 or 20 etc, so unlikely that i'll get a position at this stage of it, perhaps later on, but still want to express interest in the positions. Did anyone find out about what the REF number means? If I was say number 40 on the panel (which I'm not just in case anyone else is and is wondering :D) What position would I express interest in/if any? If anyone is ringing them today could they post up on the forum? I'd ring but working now til 5 or 6 and won't have a chance!

All the best! :D

djor88 wrote: »
    Hey lads, great to see there's movement on this! I like flanna am not top 10 or 20 etc, so unlikely that i'll get a position at this stage of it, perhaps later on, but still want to express interest in the positions. Did anyone find out about what the REF number means? If I was say number 40 on the panel (which I'm not just in case anyone else is and is wondering :D) What position would I express interest in/if any? If anyone is ringing them today could they post up on the forum? I'd ring but working now til 5 or 6 and won't have a chance!

All the best! :D
    I rang y'day and I was told they would ring me this morning. Will post as soon as i hear anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

So am I right in thinking that if i'm not in a position to show interest at this time, regardless of my position I won't lose my place? I just want to make sure I haven't misinterpreted what I read.

Yes. That's right. But if you express an interest and refuse the job (if offered), I think you go to the bottom of the panel. If you don't express an interest, you'll stay where you are. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Tripp wrote: »
    I rang y'day and I was told they would ring me this morning. Will post as soon as i hear anything

Did you hear back from them Tripp?

Jaystar wrote: »
    Did you hear back from them Tripp?

Nope, they didn't call back, I emailed anyway registering my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

Yes. That's right. But if you express an interest and refuse the job (if offered), I think you go to the bottom of the panel. If you don't express an interest, you'll stay where you are. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Cheers!

Really wish they'd give some idea about a start date!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hey lads, what Ref number are you using for your email? If outside the top 10 what's the best way to do it? Anyone in the same boat?

Would anybody have saved a copy of the dispatcher information, job spec and familiarisation booklet that was used for their job, if you could link if here or private mail it, ild be very thankful.

It's on Page 6 (Post 82) of this thread

It's on Page 6 (Post 82) of this thread

Found it on google after all. Thanks for the heads up anyways

• Advertisement

I dont think that is the case. You drop to the bottom of the panel if you formally accept a job offer and subsequently withdraw.

You can express interest, then decline the job (if offered) without penalty as far as I can see from the information booklet.

Relevant quote:
    Candidates who do not express an interest or who reject a post when formally offered will not be
    moved on the panel and their ranking on the panel will not change

What do others think?

That is how I am reading it ... :confused:

I just read over it there and I think you're right!! My bad!

So you can express an interest & still back out , keeping your place on the panel..... But if you go on to the stage after and withdraw, you go to the bottom....

Have I got it now?? :)

Quiet in here :-)
    Congratulations to anyone who has proceeded further.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shauna6989

Has anybody started training? Im due to start soon and would love to know what to expect :)

shauna6989 wrote: »
    Has anybody started training? Im due to start soon and would love to know what to expect :)

First batch starts next months thankfully :-)
    Only people that have started training recently are agency workers from cpl and that was a few months ago

I'd advise you to remove your panel number from your post as this is a public forum.
    They haven't started putting people from the panel into training yet so it will take time to get to you.
    You might not start training for another few months, not going into specifics but it gives you an idea.
    If you require more concrete info feel free to Private Message me

Tripp wrote: »
    I'd advise you to remove your panel number from your post as this is a public forum.
    They haven't started putting people from the panel into training yet so it will take time to get to you.
    You might not start training for another few months, not going into specifics but it gives you an idea.
    If you require more concrete info feel free to Private Message me

Do you think i should express interest? I may not get it until the next batch. but id be afraid the training will start when im away ill be back on the 1st of july. So confused :( but also excited :) thank you so much for your advice!!

Yeah I would express interest. If your back at the start of July then definitely express interest. You have a lot more stuff to do before you start training.

Ah thanks a million for this! I wasnt sure what to do. I feel much better now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I see they are offering the next 10 posts now. Has anyone from the top 10 got more info on the position? I emailed Martin Dunne when the first 10 positions were being offered but he never emailed me back :(

I am just wondering basic things like salary (plus any shift allowances), Dublin location for training and for the post and if you can carry your service from another Civil Service position?

Advertisement