Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Good luck to the incoming call takers :) see yiz soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Starryface

Hi everybody :)

I received a job offer last Wednesday, I'm thrilled :)

Does anybody know if the 14 week training in the Park will be in the Park the entire time? I thought I saw somebody mention that they had to go to The West for a week?

By the looks of the discussions on here, training will probably start end of July/beginning of August, so that will take us up to November when the call centre is due to open, am I right?

Lastly, does anybody know what the training hours are? Mon-fri 9-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Starryface wrote: »
    Hi everybody :)

I received a job offer last Wednesday, I'm thrilled :)

Does anybody know if the 14 week training in the Park will be in the Park the entire time? I thought I saw somebody mention that they had to go to The West for a week?

By the looks of the discussions on here, training will probably start end of July/beginning of August, so that will take us up to November when the call centre is due to open, am I right?

Lastly, does anybody know what the training hours are? Mon-fri 9-5?

First off, Congratulations :-).
    The 13 week Training if in Dublin will alternate between the Phoenix Park and Tara street fire station.
    You could be training in Ballinasloe or not. Its not certain, Just wait and see.
    There is a group starting the start of July and another at the end of August. Perhaps you'll be in the August group.
    Training hours are Mon-Fri 9-5

Any more questions, feel free to ask

Thanks so much for all the info :)

Perhaps I'll be starting at the end of August, I'm at stage 2 of pre-employment checks at the moment, which is Garda clearance but I was told that would only take 3 weeks?

Do we look after ourselves in terms of transport/accommodation if we have to go to Ballinasloe?

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks so much for all the info :)

Perhaps I'll be starting at the end of August, I'm at stage 2 of pre-employment checks at the moment, which is Garda clearance but I was told that would only take 3 weeks?

Do we look after ourselves in terms of transport/accommodation if we have to go to Ballinasloe?

Thanks for the info :)

Hmm then maybe you will be starting end of August.
    I dont know what the situation is with Ballinasloe, Just have to wait and see i guess.

• Advertisement

HAH was thinking that myself! It's all really exciting! Are you currently working or waiting for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Folks if yee are going to ballinasloe the shearwater hotel dose special rates for NAS staff. Something like €30 a night for bed, breakfast and dinner. Its a fine hotel with pool and gym facilities. Check it out on line.

HAH was thinking that myself! It's all really exciting! Are you currently working or waiting for training?
    Waiting on training to start. Will be starting soon with a few others from boards. I'm really looking forward to starting!
    Parafox wrote: »
    Folks if yee are going to ballinasloe the shearwater hotel dose special rates for NAS staff. Something like €30 a night for bed, breakfast and dinner. Its a fine hotel with pool and gym facilities. Check it out on line.
    Cheers for that, that's quite a reasonable price.

Tripp wrote: »
    Waiting on training to start. Will be starting soon with a few others from boards. I'm really looking forward to starting!

Fantastic, me too! Do you know when your training is starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bryan25

Hi all,

Just received an email yesterday to proceed to the next stage of the process.its for the ballyshannon centre but i am living in Dublin and have family, house etc here. Is there any possibility of a transfer to Dublin and if so how do i go about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!really stuck on what to do!!!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulie84

Hi Bryan,

There are a lot of positions yet to be filled in Dublin. Did you except an offer for a position in Ballyshannon? When they released my round of offers they said where it was for as well.

Paulie84 wrote: »
    Hi Bryan,

There are a lot of positions yet to be filled in Dublin. Did you except an offer for a position in Ballyshannon? When they released my round of offers they said where it was for as well.

No i was really hoping for dublin and really stuck in what to do now.im not sure if we can just ask for a transfer even doh they offered Ballyshannon?

Paulie84 wrote: »
    Hi Bryan,

No i was really hoping for dublin and really stuck in what to do now.im not sure if we can just ask for a transfer even doh they offered Ballyshannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulie84

bryan25 wrote: »

There is no knowing if they would allow a transfer. But there are people waiting for Ballyshannon specifically. I wouldn't go for a Ballyshannon offer unless I wanted Ballyshannon. I can't say for certain, but there should be a lot more offers for Dublin in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mickm1986

how do i find it in publicjobs.ie? cant seem to locate it thanks.

mickm1986 wrote: »
    Recruitment closing date was at the end of last year. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Anyone get an offer after the last email for expressions of interest for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

flanna wrote: »
    Anyone get an offer after the last email for expressions of interest for Dublin?

No more for Dublin, I got a recommendation to proceed for ballyshannon and after much thought decided to take it! I'm living in and from Dublin, work situation is brutal here only getting about 15 hours a week. I'm you g anyway and have no massive commitments in Dublin. Anyone else heading to Ballyshannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

mickm1986 wrote: »

it's still on public jobs closing date is 25th. Go the site click on who we recruit for, click on fire services and jobs, it is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Well, well, well.

• Advertisement

spygirl wrote: »
    it's still on public jobs closing date is 25th. Go the site click on who we recruit for, click on fire services and jobs, it is still there

I'm assuming he was asking about the Job in the thread title so it closed last year.
    The call taker recruitment for DFB closed today though.

Well, well, well.

Paulie84 eh? What a name!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

With the closing date gone, how long is it usually before any contact is made with applicants? And is it through the publicjobs email or will it be a posted letter? Thanks a mil for any info you all have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    With the closing date gone, how long is it usually before any contact is made with applicants? And is it through the publicjobs email or will it be a posted letter? Thanks a mil for any info you all have :)

Contact has been made to successful applicants and offers have gone out and accepted in some cases as the closing date was last year!

Are you perhaps confusing this thread with the Dublin Fire Brigade recruitment thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

Heart skipped a bit right there! Yes I am thinking about the fire brigade?!?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    Heart skipped a bit right there! Yes I am thinking about the fire brigade?!?:confused:

There is another thread about the one which closed on friday here is the link to it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056986153

Hi guys - looking for some information RE training.

As far as I'm aware, there's a class due to start on the 26th of August, and the next one is the 14th of October. There are 8 people in each class.

It's been confirmed that the first two weeks of training will be in Ballinasloe. Can anybody answer these questions I have?

- Do we get paid for this?
    - Do we have to pay for travel, accommodation, food etc. while in Galway?
    - How do we get from the hotel to where the training will be each day?
    - How long are the days?

Anybody been through this already? What is the process for the training in the Phoenix park? Is it mon-fri 9-5?

Thanks guys.

Hi guys - looking for some information RE training.

As far as I'm aware, there's a class due to start on the 26th of August, and the next one is the 14th of October. There are 8 people in each class.

It's been confirmed that the first two weeks of training will be in Ballinasloe. Can anybody answer these questions I have?

- Do we get paid for this?
    - How long are the days?

Anybody been through this already? What is the process for the training in the Phoenix park? Is it mon-fri 9-5?

Thanks guys.

Hey Starryface.
    I didnt do my training in ballinasloe so my information is limited.
    You dont get paid till 2 weeks after you start. All accomodation and expenses are on you.
    I dont know how you get to the training school or how long days but i would imagine its up to you to get there.

Training in the Phoenix park is Mon - Fri 9-5.

Hopefully one of the lads that did training in ballinasloe for the 1st 2 weeks will reply with more specific information.

Tripp wrote: »
    Hey Starryface.
    I didnt do my training in ballinasloe so my information is limited.
    You dont get paid till 2 weeks after you start. All accomodation and expenses are on you.
    I dont know how you get to the training school or how long days but i would imagine its up to you to get there.

Training in the Phoenix park is Mon - Fri 9-5.

Hopefully one of the lads that did training in ballinasloe for the 1st 2 weeks will reply with more specific information.

Thanks Tripp. Really appreciate the info you gave there. Are you still training? How is it going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

There are hotels in the vicinity of Ballinasloe and the Phoenix Park that do excellent all-in deals for ambulance service students, these hotels are advertised in each school and former pupils will be able to pass on the relevant information to you, but do check them out.
    Getting from your accommodation to the school is your responsibility.

Advertisement