Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It took you 5 minutes to write women who - id say you're in the elite group - did anything come up at the end like like a word with a number between 1 and 4?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Ah wouldnt say so have no way of gauging how good / bad I did as there was no number or word that came up at the end

Did you get past that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BallyGMan

I remember typing the number 5 somewhere alright, as far as I am aware it shouldnt matter where you end up and long as you have good accuracy and speed and get over the min of 25wpm

Best of Luck to every1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm going to mine tomorrow (more peaceful). Is it just straight forward typing ie., press play, listen and go - how does the speed thingy work do you keep up with the audio or does the audio keep up with you - if you get my drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BallyGMan

You get a practice screen for 1 minute that i slike the real exam whereby you can pause rewind and fast forward if needed.

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    how does the speed thingy work do you keep up with the audio or does the audio keep up with you - if you get my drift?

just keeps going regardless of how fast / slow you type. but you can pause it (timer still goes on though)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

miju wrote: »
    Ah wouldnt say so have no way of gauging how good / bad I did as there was no number or word that came up at the end

Did you get past that part?

Haven't done it yet, i think i read they take the fastest typers put them in a category 1, then cat 2 and so on so when they run out of cat one people they'll move on to the second fastest people.

Well that went brilliantly:D

Seriously though how do I know I've completed the task - I did the practice thingy (letter) for one minute then went on to the standard audio thingy for five minutes - is that it done? Do I receive confirmation that I took part etc., - slightly confused because I got 13 emails from them asking me to log onto test.

Also I went for accuracy rather than speed - so with the pausing and playing and the commas, full stops etc., I may have achieved the fab speed on 22 wpm. I think my last word was work place.

I did do a copy typing test before hand to see what speed I had and it was error free at 54 wpm -

Best of luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

Just did it there, dam she speaks fast! not sure how far i got but with the amount i typed id assume 3/4's of the way through. I tried not to let my nerves get to me and cloud my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

just did it myself there, was easy enough, but i have a slight advantage, i work in a computerised taxi dispatch office, hope it helps my application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

Just done it...
    was tough enough...

how far are people getting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why was I nervous doing that? :(

miju wrote: »
    how far are people getting?

I got to "work place or force" something like that. Are we all getting the same audio or are there a few different recordings? How far did you get?

deelite wrote: »
    I got to "work place or force" something like that. Are we all getting the same audio or are there a few different recordings? How far did you get?

If I remember correctly I got about 2 - 3 paragraphs ahead of that. I got as far as "women who..."

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Just completed it there, It's tough enough but the fact that you can pause it helps. I wrote about 4 or 5 paragraphs and got to something like "word processing" or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rockbutt

Hi all
    Am I doing something wrong? I accessed the test screen, which said 'press start to begin', but nothing happens when I click on Start. I have AdobeReader 11.
    Did anyone else have any problem?
    Thanks
    Rockbutt

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

you need Adobe 8 or greater!despite this, I just fupped mine up!had a problem with my practice session so wasnt prepared for the real one.pretty gutted!another opportunity gone.

leddpipe wrote: »
    you need Adobe 8 or greater!despite this, I just fupped mine up!had a problem with my practice session so wasnt prepared for the real one.pretty gutted!another opportunity gone.

Sorry to hear that Leddpipe, but listen you never know how you really did though, and you don't know what the standard was like across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rockbutt

Hi Leddpipe

Was tough enough but you never know, your accuracy could be spot on. Just did it myself, my laptop could not show full screen (and would'nt reduce that page!) so had to go a Jobs Club and do it on an unfamiliar keyboard, got to 3rd para but not too happy about how I did either.

Good luck anyway! At least tis done.
    Rockbutt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah, not too sure on my typing either, but if it's for the dispatcher job, there can't be that many brilliant typists who have both a C1 and D1 licence so you never know.

best of luck guys and gals anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gsk2011

Anyone know when you get your results bank??

I think its next week

Results are due out tomorrow, keep an eye on your emails! Best of luck! :D

good luck folks!

Just got text message saying results have been sent to my email - nothing there yet will let you know but not holding out too much hope. Good luck to everybody xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

Just got my email I am in band A

Roll on stage 3

great result, congrats!can someone explain the bands to me, if you get B or C, does that mean you are just put on a list for later recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

If you get band B or C you're placed on a panel.

Didn't get my results yet, but i know i made a balls of it :(

Advertisement