Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shauna6989

Also... the canteen is great theres microwaves n coffee machines so you can bring noodles n stuff with you for lunch. Also theres a hospital next to the college which do a dinner for 4 euro for us.. Or theres a deli service which delivers to the college so your food is waiting for you when you finish class.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Starryface

shauna6989 wrote: »
    Also... the canteen is great theres microwaves n coffee machines so you can bring noodles n stuff with you for lunch. Also theres a hospital next to the college which do a dinner for 4 euro for us.. Or theres a deli service which delivers to the college so your food is waiting for you when you finish class.

That's deadly! How far of a walk is the class from the hotel? Is it 9-5?

I keep forgetting to mention stuff lol... so i heard theres 2 weeks training in ballinasloe...then 2 weeks in the pheonix park... and then we'l be put into townsend street with dfb until the new centre in tallaght is open. Thats what i heard guys

Starryface wrote: »
    That's deadly! How far of a walk is the class from the hotel? Is it 9-5?

Instead of paying 45 a night in the hotel, when you get here ask the paramedics for a list of bnbs for 50 a week. Ill ask tomorrow for permission to give out their numbers to you guys. I hope i can help in any way i can

Id say its a half hour walk from the hotel and its 9 to five with an hours lunch and coffee breaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Enjoy the training! See you guys in control soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I keep forgetting to mention stuff lol... so i heard theres 2 weeks training in ballinasloe...then 2 weeks in the pheonix park... and then we'l be put into townsend street with dfb until the new centre in tallaght is open. Thats what i heard guys

Glad to hear you're enjoying the training. But one small point, you will not be with the DFB, you will share a building but your position is with the HSE National Ambulance Service. This is not to be confused with the current DFB control recruitment.

The best of luck with the rest of the training and your new career;)

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the training. But one small point, you will not be with the DFB, you will share a building but your position is with the HSE National Ambulance Service. This is not to be confused with the current DFB control recruitment.

The best of luck with the rest of the training and your new career;)

Oh sorry i should have made that clearer. I meant sharing a building. Sorry about that

Oh sorry i should have made that clearer. I meant sharing a building. Sorry about that

There's no need to apologise at all shauna6989, I was just mentioning it to avoid any confusion.

The best of luck.

Id say its a half hour walk from the hotel and its 9 to five with an hours lunch and coffee breaks

Do we need to bring stationary to Galway training or just ourselves?

• Advertisement

Starryface wrote: »
    Do we need to bring stationary to Galway training or just ourselves?

Bring a notepad and a pen. Thats all guys. And a folder for notes

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Accommodation sorted for ballinasloe. Cheers guys. If anybody has any recommendations for Phoenix park I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys :)

Got an email today stating that my first two weeks training would be in Ballinasloe, the following week in the park and then the following 10wks in Townsend Street. No dates yet though. I'm really excited!!

How are you guys getting on in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

What exactly does WTE mean? Is it part time?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

WTE -- Whole Time Employment, it's full time employment!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

That's what I thought alright, so it's still shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

I think it means Whole Time Employment

anndub wrote: »
    What exactly does WTE mean? Is it part time?

Whole Time Equivalent. It is not part time but does involve shift hours.

anybody else super excited about their start date on the 14th? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bumble

Hi all ...can't seem to download the information booklet does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is ,I am a qualified E.M.T will this do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

bumble wrote: »
    Hi all ...can't seem to download the information booklet does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is ,I am a qualified E.M.T will this do ?

Don't need medical qualifications, all you need is a full B (car) licence.

Thanks v much :) fingers crossed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Took part in the recruitment last year but pulled out when I got another job. Tempting when I see it goes up again.

How far did you go in the process any hints or tips ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 collie74

Juanito13 wrote: »
    Don't need medical qualifications, all you need is a full B (car) licence.

Does anyone know why u'd need a driving licence, let alone agree to obtain ur C1 & D1 within a certain time period ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

collie74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why u'd need a driving licence, let alone agree to obtain ur C1 & D1 within a certain time period ?

If needed to attend a major incident, some of the C&C vehicles would require the heavier licence to drive them

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

could anyone currently working in this role tell me the "normal " working hours per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

could anyone currently working in this role tell me the "normal " working hours per week?
    Anything from a 24-48 hour week with 12 hour shifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hi folks,

Just wondering if someone working in the current role of call taker could give me an insight into what the take home pay (on average) works out at? The reason I ask is that I’m waiting to start training in the ECT role and have been given a start date. I also started a new job a few weeks back and the wages are working out about €440 per week €1700 a month take home pay which I’m fairly happy with at the minute. Would the ECT job match this? Also, it’s paid every 2 weeks is that right? How do people find the shifts? If you don’t want to post even PM me if that suits.

Really appreciate any information. Thanks!

Advertisement