Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Emails sent out, seems a lot more of the tests we did in Dublin last time around are now being done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Starryface

can anyone specify what the first take home pay will be for new call takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Starryface wrote: »
    can anyone specify what the first take home pay will be for new call takers?
    Not a whole lot as shift allowance isnt paid until you're qualified and working on your own unfortunately. But it ups approx 220 per month once you're working away!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Starryface

Einstein wrote: »
    Not a whole lot as shift allowance isnt paid until you're qualified and working on your own unfortunately. But it ups approx 220 per month once you're working away!

nice! thanks for this info. I'm expecting about 690 per fortnight for the first pay. can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Tests out today - best of luck to all of ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 antoinette yelverton

I know someone who is interested in this type of work - what sort of training do you need? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I know someone who is interested in this type of work - what sort of training do you need? Does anyone know?

Training is provided upon successful completion of the recruitment competition. Typing skills are a must for the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Crap.....I underestimated those assesssments :/ Oooooooh well, it's done now! Good luck to everyone else that's applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ob1kanobee

Am i correct in saying - For the audio test, the practice test was meant to be only a travel call centre test, but in fact there were two practice tests - and one was actually an insurance call centre - and then in the real test it was the same thing - an insurance call centre, which we already heard in the practice?? Also, any feedback on how people got on in the tests generally? and when do we hear back from them? thanks guys and best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bumble

You will be notified of results by the 21st Nov ... don't think I did great with the typing test but fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Scruffy...The Janitor

bumble wrote: »
    You will be notified of results by the 21st Nov ... don't think I did great with the typing test but fingers crossed

Try uncrossing them in future. Much easier to type. :p

Quite happy with the tests overall. I'm quite a fast typer and have sailed through tests like this in application processes for other jobs so I'm not too worried about these stages. It's the later ones that'll have me rattling.

Test results turned up in the post today.

Band A. Now to try get a similar result in person. Good luck everyone expecting the letter today!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

dont forget to ring or email them to confirm your attending the next stage. i got band a myself, how do i go about getting a letter to show ive no penalty points or endorsments?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Band A :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

dont forget to ring or email them to confirm your attending the next stage. i got band a myself, how do i go about getting a letter to show ive no penalty points or endorsments?

Local motor tax office will sort you out with that. Request it asap because it can take a while, depending on where in the country you are.

Juanito13 wrote: »
    Local motor tax office will sort you out with that. Request it asap because it can take a while, depending on where in the country you are.

ive been given the run around all day, anyone else having a problem with requesting this letter? the tax office send me to the ndls and they send me back to the tax office.

I rang the tax office earlier and they gave me a number to ring for ndls. 0761087880.

lads/ladies i rang the national recruitment service earlier this morning and they didnt seem to know the exact name of the letter they required just what the letter needed to have on it.

i rang the ndls and i explained the situation and they think its called a Letter of Entitlement / Driver Statement which would include any points endorsements etc... surely it shouldnt be this hard???

You have me nervous now. I rang the number I posted and the guy on the phone seemed to know what I was talking about. He didn't mention a name for the letter or anything. Feels a little too easy if you're having this much trouble.

• Advertisement

it seems the issue is coming from the recent transfere from the tax office to the ndls, im currently on hold with the ndls again, they say that letter may take two weeks to issue and it costs 15 euro. but thats the letter we need stating what licences we have and if we have any points etc...

they didnt give us much time did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Anyone know if there is just the one date for assessment in dublin? Or is there a couple of dates for different groups. Away at the moment and Havnt seen the letter, just got a follow up email

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steof123

Lads
    I rang the ndls number yesterday took ages to get through the woman called it a driver statement ordered yesterday arrived in post this morning there is a charge of €15 for it aswell

they told me there is a massive backlog and a load of people in the last 24 hours have rang looking for the exact same report for the same reason. im due a call back looking for payment for the form and im in a queue. @steof123 did they take payment off you there and then or how long where you waiting? i really wanted this sorted today because time is ticking

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steof123

@GoProGaming Took payment over the phone there and then off me there was a bit of a queue when i rang she did say it would be up to a week before id get it so was quite shocked it arrived today 😱😱

think i'll just hassel them a little more, thanks

persistance pays off, i got sorted. they're emailing it to me so i can print it off. ive never had so much hassel in a 48 hour period in my life, for anyone else who is still waiting, ring them 700 times atleast and beg them

Pressure's off for the Driver statement, email came in saying you won't need the Statement for the upcoming assessment, but you will need it if you pass the assessment and are called for interview. You will still need your Driver Licence for identification.

just read that email... so i wasted my friday and 15 euro. *insert angry text here*

• Advertisement

just read that email... so i wasted my friday and 15 euro. *insert angry text here*
    Not if you make it to stage 4 you didn't.

Advertisement