Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

My other half went for this and was placed in band B, she's a bit confused as to the letter she got the other day though. It said something along the lines of your successful but not being called at this time for further tests, although she was under the impression that if you didn't place in band A you didn't get called for further tests at all yet made the minimum requirements.

Does anyone know is there a time scale on the bands or do they actually go further down them eg B/C/D? Has anyone from the recruitment last year in band B ever been called for exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

has anyone got a copy of the current recruitment's information booklet? mine has disappeared from the pc. There is a few things i want to re read.

best of luck tomorow, im still bringing my driver statment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Interesting that new statement, Galway CC gave me a big long 4 page statement about my entire (clean) driving history for free.
    NDLC charged me €15.....for a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sparklymermaid

Time to rock and roll boys and girls!!

• Advertisement

that went well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Not for me, I cocked it up. Started the typing test all wrong then got muddled. Recovered but lost about 20 seconds. I am a slow typist to begin with so I cant afford to lose 20 seconds. Other 2 elements went well although I may have had a disproportionate amount of "couldnt say" in the verbal reasoning.

When do we hear back?

by december 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ob1kanobee

5500 wrote: »
    My other half went for this and was placed in band B, she's a bit confused as to the letter she got the other day though. It said something along the lines of your successful but not being called at this time for further tests, although she was under the impression that if you didn't place in band A you didn't get called for further tests at all yet made the minimum requirements.

Does anyone know is there a time scale on the bands or do they actually go further down them eg B/C/D? Has anyone from the recruitment last year in band B ever been called for exams?[/QUOTE

Im interested in knowing about band B too if anyone knows!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Guessing no one from band b last year got a call due to responses here but my other half was told to sit tight as she could be called pending results of candidates tests last week. I'n saying that what's the point in adding additional bands to an already supplementary panel why not just panel x amount and leave it at that?

Might be worth your while ringing manor Hamilton to see if they can shed any more light on it

by december 16th

Letter says Friday 16th December. Im thinking it may be a misprint and actually will be Friday 6th..

even better so. hopefully thats what they meant.

Letter says Friday 16th December. Im thinking it may be a misprint and actually will be Friday 6th..

any word yet? im hoping it was a misprint, id love the results today.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

any word yet? im hoping it was a misprint, id love the results today.

nope not yet

nope not yet

Good, not just me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Results issued by email today. Best of luck.

good news for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Scruffy...The Janitor

Through to the next round. Phew! Good luck everyone (but not too much luck. You are all competition after all. :-P ha ha)

Yeah same here, Nice long time to complete the form as well.

• Advertisement

how are people feeling about the competency based questions, i feel like i'll be using the same examples over and over again, ive only worked one job since i left school 7 years ago so dont have much of a pool to draw from.

how are people feeling about the competency based questions, i feel like i'll be using the same examples over and over again, ive only worked one job since i left school 7 years ago so dont have much of a pool to draw from.
    You can use examples from your home life, if you're involved with a volunteer unit you could draw an example from that, it's not all about your professional past.

just wondering are there still call takers and dispatchers or is there a new role as such incorporating both into one role?
    it just passed through my mind there that if i am successful at interview what i'd actually be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

just wondering are there still call takers and dispatchers or is there a new role as such incorporating both into one role?
    it just passed through my mind there that if i am successful at interview what i'd actually be doing.

Yes call taker and dispatcher are seperate roles.

I'm the same, finished the leaving and have been in the same crap job since. I've been to college and stuff in the meantime, but looking at the questions I feel like I have no experience... wracking my brains trying to think of examples.. read new posts, wrote this one and I'm still on hold with ndls for drivers statement :P

I'm the same, finished the leaving and have been in the same crap job since. I've been to college and stuff in the meantime, but looking at the questions I feel like I have no experience... wracking my brains trying to think of examples.. read new posts, wrote this one and I'm still on hold with ndls for drivers statement :P

ring the ndls every ten mins, i had huge trouble with them, it really depends on who you get on the phone.

hows everyone getting on with the application form? has anyone sent it off in the post yet?

Work is mad with Christmas etc. Haven't filled it in. Stuck with references too, if I put down employer they'll know I'm looking for a new job. Want to get some of it done before Christmas, even just a rough start so it's not hanging over me, try grab an hour or two at the weekend. How you getting on?

i have most of it done, problem is i keep going back now to re write parts or edit it completly. i think i should just make a final version and sent it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Babycakes1000

Was stuck the same as you @goprogaming chopping and changing best piece of advice write a couple of rough copies choose what you need and fill out the final version i done that posted it back the other day glad to get it done

Advertisement