Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Einstein wrote: »
    That's nothing to do with AMPDS , that's a training issue with the Call Taker.
    Bang Bang wrote: »
    Numerous incidents of call takers diverting from the chief complaint and instead PRO-QA'ing the patients past medical history even though the past history has nothing to do with the presenting chief complaint. This results in the incorrect clinical level responding to those calls.
    The AMPDS is now so inaccurate that it has become a source of entertainment, unfortunately to the detriment of the patient.....

A major change in the training of call takers and some new dispatchers is now urgently required.

@Einstein; Try reading all of my input regarding the AMPDS and serious training issues, I clearly stated that there are training issues, I've quoted them for you.

So with serious issues in training requiring addressing, that does put the accuracy of the AMPDS under scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I saw what ya said!
    But saying ampds is inaccurate isn't really true provided the correct chief complaint is selected, that's all I'm highlighting.

I'm not saying AMPDS is super duper, but if used correctly, the majority of the time it's pretty on the ball in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Einstein wrote: »
    I'm not saying AMPDS is super duper, but if used correctly, the majority of the time it's pretty on the ball in fairness.

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one Einstein. In my experience the AMPDS is more inaccurate than accurate, by a large margin too. But there are not enough ambulance crews submitting feedback forms so call takers and dispatchers do not see the true inaccuracy of the dispatch codes, although some dispatchers may hear it over the radio when crews are getting a little pee'd off at how inaccurate the codes can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one Einstein. In my experience the AMPDS is more inaccurate than accurate, by a large margin too. But there are not enough ambulance crews submitting feedback forms so call takers and dispatchers do not see the true inaccuracy of the dispatch codes, although some dispatchers may hear it over the radio when crews are getting a little pee'd off at how inaccurate the codes can be.
    Fair enuffski,
    Another quick point though, we have no choice but to give the answers that the caller gives. Lots of times they ain't even listening to the questions accurately.
    Anyhoo...I digress!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

interviews just over a week away, how's everyone getting on preparing for it? im getting a new suit so i look nice and presentable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 npc93

i just found this while reseaching for my interview- does anyone know how many got through to this stage?

Anyone who has completed this process sucessfully in the previous rounds i would greatly appreciate any tips on the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms_Shellshock

Had my interview today, was wondering if anyone else had one? If so how do you think it went?

Ye I had mine today, thought it went very well personally but found it very hard to get any idea what they thought. Hard to know if I'll get through

i was happy with how it went.

• Advertisement

I was happy with mine when I was finished but the more I think about it the more I'm doubting myself. Next week cannot come quick enough to find out how I got on :). Does anyone know how many people made it to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Scruffy...The Janitor

I have mine tomorrow. (Wednesday) Absolutely CRAPPING myself. Ha ha. Don't think I've ever prepared so thoroughly for an interview. Good luck everyone! Hope to be working with some of you in the near future.

what day do the interviews finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lindyluu

I believe today was the last day of them!

Just got an email to say the interview results have been sent out to my postal address. This will be the longest weekend EVER!!! I will attack the postman on Monday morning :(

Did anyone else get this email?

yes, me too, my postman has not been round yet -i jus rang home-feel sick!

I just recieved a text message and it says that they have been sent in todays post. LONGEST WEEKEND EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Same here, and a text, no mention of 'Further Action required'. Feeling quite anxious now.

My post man has been and all, so it definately won't be today for me. Well that has wrecked my valentines day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lindyluu

I am the same it's gonna be a long wkd 😥

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Same here, and a text, no mention of 'Further Action required'. Feeling quite anxious now.
    What would that indicate? good or bad?
    Got a text also.

What would that indicate? good or bad?
    Got a text also.

I don't think it means anything. I imagine the secussful and nonsucessful candidates get the exact same text/email informing them of the results being sent out.

Best of luck to all, it was a long process. Not reading too much into the text or email, it is probably a standard automated message.

Anyone else considering breaking into the local sorting office to find our letter? Tomorow can't come fast enough.

Anyone else considering breaking into the local sorting office to find our letter? Tomorow can't come fast enough.

I have considered it. I have to say I thought there might have been an option to receive the results via email. After all its instant and more reliable then post lol. If I don't get it in the post tomorrow I think I'll cry

Well unfortunately I got my letter this morning and I wasn't placed on the panel. Best of luck to everyone else.

That is very disappointing, does the letter give much feedback

npc93 wrote: »
    That is very disappointing, does the letter give much feedback

There are two letters in the envelope and the first one informs you if you are successful or not and the second one is a breakdown of the interview and the scores you got in each section.

Got the letter this morning. Made the panel, delighted the hard work paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Howdy101

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how many are on the panel?

Advertisement