Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jos1979

sunnyrays wrote: »
    Hey guys, did everyone get the email today?.. 12 more jobs in Tallaght. I'm starting to give up hope on Ballyshannon. I'm considering applying for Tallaght with the hope of transferring to Ballyshannon at some point. Anyone know if this would be possible or should I just hold out?

Yes, got email too. I am waiting on Ballyshannon also. Did you ring Manorhamilton to ask if that is possible?? it is not an option for me. I rang Manorhamilton this morning to see where my place is on the overall panel now and to be honest it hasn't moved since i rang and asked in August. I should've asked why but i didn't . Confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

That's strange. I rang Manorhamilton twice before and on both occasions they told me that they could not tell me my (new) place on the panel unless I had expressed interest in a position. With all the jobs in Tallaght I'm assuming we would have to have moved up the panel. I've been told that a transfer would be possible whenever there would be a vacancy.

Thanks GoProGaming for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

I rang Manorhamilton today to ask about my panel place and I've moved back almost 50 places from the original place I was given. I asked how this could be and was told that my original place was on a supplementary panel and that my position today is on the overall panel. So confused. I thought there was just one panel.

sunnyrays wrote: »
    I rang Manorhamilton today to ask about my panel place and I've moved back almost 50 places from the original place I was given. I asked how this could be and was told that my original place was on a supplementary panel and that my position today is on the overall panel. So confused. I thought there was just one panel.

The place on panel on the letter after interview was how we were placed in our set of interviews, not the overall panel. I was told that when i rang Manorhamilton in august! It wasnt very clear, as i thought i was much higher up in the panel also. A tad confusing and dissapointing. Are you waiting on tallaghtor ballyshannon? I am waiting on ballyshannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

Just came across this thread, i'm waiting on ballyshannon too. Can anyone currently in ballyshannon say if they will be taking from the panel anytime soon or is ballyshannon at full capacity?

is the rota 3 days of 12 hour shifts and a few days off or is it spread throughout the working week.

I presume the National Ambulance Service uniform has to be worn

sorry for all the questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    Just came across this thread, i'm waiting on ballyshannon too. Can anyone currently in ballyshannon say if they will be taking from the panel anytime soon or is ballyshannon at full capacity?

is the rota 3 days of 12 hour shifts and a few days off or is it spread throughout the working week.

I presume the National Ambulance Service uniform has to be worn

sorry for all the questions

Typically three 3 day weeks and one 4 day week per month.

Full uniform given.

thanks GoProGaming, I'm a bit down the pecking order so i'll have to play the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SOD82

Hi guys, can anyone clear up if I put in an expression of interest and Im high enough in merit to get offered a place, do I have an opportunity to decline at any stage without losing my place on the panel. Cheers.

if you receive a recommendation to proceed you can decline it at that stage and you will keep your current place on the panel. if you accept the post and then drop out you are moved to the end of the panel according to the rules.

the email we received today sounded a bit desperate, can they just not offer places in ballyshannon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone have a rough number where they were at on the panel for offer's in tallaght from the last recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hi quick question, doing a project on response times in Ireland for emergency services and have 3 questions for someone who works in one of these call centers that would help me out a lot! They are very vague and would take a minute to answer, they are only needed to give our project a more professional feel, your name is not needed, just the basic answers, if you could help please private message me!

The questions are

* When tends to be the business times; day, week, month, season?
    * What structure is used for a call?
    * What parts do you feel slow down the complete process? (Poor information given by caller - address, condition of person, etc)
    * Can you think of any tools that could aid in speeding up the process/helping you with you job

Thank you very much for any answers given!

Hi All, so 10 more jobs for Tallaght and 2 for Ballyshannon (finally!) Has anyone on here expressed an interest? I have for Ballyshannon, waiting game now. Also, see there is another recruitment campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fuzzybuddy

Anyone on the 2015 panel get this round of job interest requests? I'm on the 2016 panel and trying to get an idea for where I will be in total since I have no idea how many is left on this panel ahead of mine!

Fuzzybuddy wrote: »
    Anyone on the 2015 panel get this round of job interest requests? I'm on the 2016 panel and trying to get an idea for where I will be in total since I have no idea how many is left on this panel ahead of mine!

Hi there, i am on the 2015 panel and got the email re: the expression of interest for E.C.T. there has been around 40 jobs since i made the panel in July 2015. I am waiting for Ballyshannon so dublin is no good for me. I was in the 60's for panel at the start and the last time i rang manorhamilton (recruitment ) in August i was number 16 and i am guseesing after the offers today that i will have moved up a bit. So the panel moves fairly quickly!! I hope this is some help to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lilgit2

practising the typing test all week...and its the same thing over and over again..this won't be what i have to type in the actual test will it??? and..can anyone tell me what the part time hours are??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

lilgit2 wrote: »
    practising the typing test all week...and its the same thing over and over again..this won't be what i have to type in the actual test will it??? and..can anyone tell me what the part time hours are??
    thanks

There's a very high chance it will be the same test and the part time hours are 19.5

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BibiF

Hi there, just wondering how your typing test went and did you hear back from them yet with your results?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stefnie123

Hi,

Was wondering could anyone give me any helpful info on the assessments that you have to attend in dublin.. i passed the online typing so on to the next stage

Thanks

Stefnie123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Was wondering could anyone give me any helpful info on the assessments that you have to attend in dublin.. i passed the online typing so on to the next stage

Thanks
    Hi Stefnie123,
    Same here...stage 3 in Dublin next Thursday. Would love any info that anyone could give here that might help us ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

BibiF wrote: »
    Hi Stefnie123,
    Same here...stage 3 in Dublin next Thursday. Would love any info that anyone could give here that might help us ☺

Do u just repeat the test again supervised ?

• Advertisement

Yea i think its the same as what we got before but not 100% on that and then the stuff they sent to practice.
    id love to know how they pass you, like the online typing was speed and accuracy.
    Has anyone got any info??

Hey everyone
    Just wondering how you all got on with the supervised assessments.. it was a complete disaster for me i think

Hey everyone
    Just wondering how you all got on with the supervised assessments.. it was a complete disaster for me i think

Hi.
    I found the data input section terrible. The time flew by as I had to check the spelling of the English addresses etc 🙈 I wonder what score we need to get in the sections to pass? What time was your assessment yesterday, I wonder if we were in the same group? 😜

yea that part was terrible to but what on earth was the verbal about i completely messed up i never seen that before... my audio typing cut off on me at 2-3 mins in so dont know what happens there.
    I was the half 12 group

yea that part was terrible to but what on earth was the verbal about i completely messed up i never seen that before... my audio typing cut off on me at 2-3 mins in so dont know what happens there.
    I was the half 12 group

I was in that group too. I think you were sitting behind me cos I remember you having trouble & she said she'd talk to you about it after. I have no idea what level we need to reach or what results we needed to pass. We'll have to wait & see I guess 🙈. They prob calculate your audio on the words you had in in the time you had x

Ah very good :D well tbh i doubt i got enough to pass but its all a waiting game now ..thats the hard part .. lets just hope we get through to the next part x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone in the Job heard of any up and coming classes? I know there's a class in there from March but overall how's staff number's/likelihood of using up panel numbers this year?

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone in the Job heard of any up and coming classes? I know there's a class in there from March but overall how's staff number's/likelihood of using up panel numbers this year?

March's class has graduated. Next class will be July

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all,

I have been offered a postion through publicjobs for civillian call taker (harcourt street) can anyone here tell me what exactly is involved daytoday and how much will I be getting each week? shift allowances etc..

Any advice would be great!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I have been offered a postion through publicjobs for civillian call taker (harcourt street) can anyone here tell me what exactly is involved daytoday and how much will I be getting each week? shift allowances etc..

Any advice would be great!

Hi that position has nothing to do with the National Ambulance Service. That sounds more like the Gards

Advertisement