Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deviations in liquid from one batch to another. (specifically wingnuts)

Options
  • 09-10-2012 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I've decided I only really want two liquids, Wingnut's orange ice pop for sweetness and El Toros cigarillos for tobacco taste.

I currently have two bottles of orange ice pop here in front of me. As soon as I got the latest bottle, I thought it looked a lot lighter in colour, but didn't pass much notice. Today is the first time using it, and it taste a LOT lighter than the older bottle. As a new vaper, is this something that happens often? Are some batches significantly better than others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The newer liquid is probably still steeping.
    Over time it should darken and the taste will permeate. Sometimes when a juice is really fresh you can get more of a nic-y hit, other times overpowering flavour, other times less.

You can speed up the process by putting the bottle upright into a bowl filled with hot water (but not too hot - you should be able to keep a finger in there without feeling like you're burning yourself).

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I looked up steeping a few times, and the variance in information is overwhelming. A lot of people recommend taking the lid off, leaving it in sun light, leaving it in a dark press.... is there a general consensus in what is best?

The "leave the lid off" thing is to oxidise a juice, generally tobaccos cos they constantly change character.
    With your juice it either needs time to be left alone (people call it steeping, but it's really maturing), or matured quicker via hot water bath.

How long in the water?

Until it goes cold. Won't be too long going cold.
    I've double soaked it that way before and flavours have lost their smell so I haven't done it a third time in case it starts impacting on flavour, but besides the in-the-bottle smell-loss, they've tasted/exhaled the same.

• Advertisement

Playing about here and I think trying to reuse T2 heads might be the blame. Going to buy about ten of them, feck it it's only 2 euro each and they last me well over a week.

Could be.
    Trying a juice you know well even halfway through the "life" of a coil/wick can be a different experience. Usually a sweeter yet more tasteless experience.

Yeah, I think I'm finished with Strawberry lemonade. I like the taste, but it just murders the coils. If I stick with Orange ice pop, even using it all day, the coils seem to last ages. Strawberry lemonade could ruin one in a day of vaping.

Advertisement