Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road work Blanch South/North roundabout over N3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

Seen lately serious activity at the area around N3 bridge, coming from Blanch North/Old Navan roads and Coolmine Cottages!

Any ideea what surprise is waiting for us ,possible few improvements over there as i began avoiding that roundabout at maximum cost and time !

Can any confirm if these are the proposed works:

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/SchemesonDisplay/SchemesPreviouslyonDisplay/N3MulhuddartInterchangeUpgrade/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056208633

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Roads/09016200.pdf

Thanks.

Yes, the PDF you have linked to tells all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It will improve things greatly, however the traffic disruption to the N3 and approaches to that area for the next year and a half will be huge. Wouldnt fancy the Blanch centre around Christmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Yeah, it's been musical road closures for the past couple of days in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been musical road closures for the past couple of days in Mulhuddart.

Ehh no, that's FCC doing resurfacing works on the old Navan Rd and Church Rd - nothing to do with the N3 interchange scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I see they are widening the "Westbound off ramp to Blanchardstown Road South". As somebody who crosses the road here every week day along with a lot of school kids this concerns me. Its a very hard road to cross on foot with 2 lanes. The majority of the time you have to wait until either the traffic is backed up or the kindness of 2 drivers at the same time to allow you to cross. 3 lanes will make it extremely hard to cross. Its a struggle for an experienced road crosser like myself :cool: but its very concerning for less experienced and more adventurous school kids crossing the road. At the moment its a bit like an unofficial pedestrian crossing that needs the consent of 2 drivers at the same time. 3 at the same time will be very disastrous. They are going to have to install traffic lights before the roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

Check out the plans in the link in the original post. Everything will be traffic light controlled - and more importantly there will no longer be a roundabout!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

No longer a round a about it not always a good thing.
    The blakestown/hartstown junction is worse now that it's a 'controlled' junction with tailbacks into Mulhuddart village and back to wards the shopping centre.
    Reckon it will be awful come the christmas shopping period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Sharrow wrote: »
    No longer a round a about it not always a good thing.
    The blakestown/hartstown junction is worse now that it's a 'controlled' junction with tailbacks into Mulhuddart village and back to wards the shopping centre.
    Reckon it will be awful come the christmas shopping period.

I haven't really noticed it being any worse, when the old roundabout was in place the queue would often go as far as Huntstown. And it doesn't take all that long to queue from the Mulhuddart village side.

Compared to 5 years ago, the local traffic is getting much better with all the new intersections. The shopping centre is still a big problem, especially since everyone wants to go there at around 5 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Not a big fan of all this traffic getting diverted from Mulhuddart Village up through Ladyswell. No-one ever takes me into consideration with this stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They have cut down a huge amount of trees now at the N3 slip roads, both sides for this. Another concrete jungle on the way.
    I suppose it is a necessary evil if they are to improve the traffic but I hate seeing bare space where there used to be greenery.

• Advertisement

The loss of greenery is necessary to safely carry out the works, the new layout provides for replanting which will mature in a couple of years, so the concrete jungle wont be an issue, for example the planting on the widened M50 has begun to mature nicely, even though a huge amount of the pre-existing landscaping was decimated to build it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Going to aldi I see traffic going into Blanch was mental, as far back as the bridge before the building providers. Ok I said that’s busy, but then it was around nine.

Coming back it was just as bad. After a number of cars used the bus lane to get to the slip road, I joined in. to make it worse there was a guarda car in the traffic, you would think they would see this and direct people up the bus lane onto the slip road.

The traffic went as far as the eye could see, then it took 10 minutes to get off the slip road. I think I’ll give the motorway going to navan etc for the next two years if the time I save is lost five minutes from my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Was this because of all the rubberneckers looking at a police car and a private car stopped at the hospital slip of the N3?

I hate rubberneckers, there was nothing to see, literally but the 2 minute journey took 25mins.

Dub XV wrote: »
    Was this because of all the rubberneckers looking at a police car and a private car stopped at the hospital slip of the N3?

I hate rubberneckers, there was nothing to see, literally but the 2 minute journey took 25mins.
    Ah so thats what lead or helped lead to it , bumper to bumper on both lanes all the way down .

Also mornings like this morning show why the work needs to be done . People not letting other people out so they can a car further than them .

No, about 9.15 two cars collided in the right most lane of the N3 close to the turn off for Connolly. Traffic hadnt recovered from an earlier delay getting onto the M50 South because of a crash along the M50, so the two problems together meant it took 25 minutes from Clonee to N3/M50 instead of 5. Just one of those mornings

stuff like this remind you how good boards is. I know now why there was such a delay , whereas if i didn't post , id just have to guess why !

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

the 2nd bridge is already up (or so it seems to layman).
    do we know when the new setup is estimated to be complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

d15ude wrote: »
    the 2nd bridge is already up (or so it seems to layman).
    do we know when the new setup is estimated to be complete?
    I remember last autumn at the start of the works somebody mentioning an 18 month start-finish time

"It is anticipated that the works will be completed by February 2014"

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/SchemesonDisplay/N3MulhuddartInterchangeUpgrade/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Few extra lanes and a bridge taking 2 years.... What would the egyptians have thought:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

The pyramids of Egypt took approximately 14 to 20 years to be built. However, to build the Giza complex as a whole pyramid it took about 80 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

ronan45 wrote: »
    Few extra lanes and a bridge taking 2 years.... What would the egyptians have thought:rolleyes:

No offence man but you've just illustrated:

1. You can't do maths.
    2. You either can't read very well or lack comprehension or maybe both.
    3. You know nothing about (road) construction.

Temporary slip road put in , was fun in the dark trying to use it with all the cones and signs.

whats happening to the sliproad coming off the n3 westbound that turns into the centre and kind of curves around the plaza hotel(see red marked area on image for where roadworks are) theres no mention of it on the image of the upgraded junction the footpath has already been rebuilt further away from the existing road

triple-M wrote: »
    whats happening to the sliproad coming off the n3 westbound that turns into the centre and kind of curves around the plaza hotel(see red marked area on image for where roadworks are) theres no mention of it on the image of the upgraded junction the footpath has already been rebuilt further away from the existing road

Not being smart , but you can always ask the lads doing the work.

I done that coming home one night(slightly drunk) and found out they where testing the ground beside the fly over to put another lane beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The roadmarking is there right beside your red line... looks like they'll just be leaving it as it is.

jeffk wrote: »
    Not being smart , but you can always ask the lads doing the work.

I done that coming home one night(slightly drunk) and found out they where testing the ground beside the fly over to put another lane beside it.

not being smart ,but i-d look strange shouting out the window of a passing bus

not being smart ,but i-d look strange shouting out the window of a passing bus

Very true , do it when your on foot so ;)

jeffk wrote: »
    Very true , do it when your on foot so ;)
    I only ever really pass the centre on my commute I rarely actually go to blanch ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bus lane for buses heading from the centre to the N3 heading towards Navan.

Advertisement