Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road work Blanch South/North roundabout over N3

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

dodzy wrote: »
    No junction setup, no matter how elaborate, would ever facilitate the traffic which will hit that centre at Xmas time.

Agreed on the mini bus lane. It was a poorly thought out marking which will hopefully have a short life span.

Especially when you add in the security chaps directing traffic as well :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

dodzy wrote: »
    Now that was quick! The power of Boards.ie strikes again:cool:

Just driving over it myself and noticed it - hope its gone for good now - and not just so facilitate the beige sand covering they laid down.

Junction without the buslane is now just a bit slower (couple minutes) than the roundabout it replaced (I miss the roundabout and the trees already :/ ) - but much faster getting off N3 towards the centre now from both directions.

The main winners will be the traffic from the West, leaving the N3 going over the bridge and into the blanch center - that was always backing up a long way up the N3 on Sundays for some reason especially.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The other thing I noticed is coming over the bridge from the centre side, on the bridge itself when waiting at the lights, people are making a third lane. I've only been on it in the dark and rain but I'm pretty sure there's a cycle lane marked off with a solid white lane, but people wanting to turn left towards Mulhuddart drive into it and try squeeze down the inside of traffic going straight. And as it's obviously not a car lane, they're left straddling between the two with nowhere to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Heading towards the It some of the bus lane markings where being burned off yesterday.

Heading the opposite way people still have to use the bus lane to get into the filter lane to go left to say the shopping centre, as someone else has said if a Guard wanted to set up he/she would catch a fair few.

Also pointless having all these lights if say the ones at Casltecurragh are at red,traffic backs up,people fly up the other straight lane and either keep going up the bus lane or cut in-front of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

jeffk wrote: »

Heading the opposite way people still have to use the bus lane to get into the filter lane to go left to say the shopping centre, as someone else has said if a Guard wanted to set up he/she would catch a fair

Before this upgrade, it was quite common to see a motorbike Gard parked there catching loads.

• Advertisement

Before this upgrade, it was quite common to see a motorbike Gard parked there catching loads.

Be interesting if/when they are there again and there is a load of people going into the lane as the straight on lane is full thus making the filter lane useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Be interesting if/when they are there again and there is a load of people going into the lane as the straight on lane is full thus making the filter lane useless

I suppose it will depend on whether they've met their quota for the week elsewhere or not.

Heading from Corduff to Navan , six minutes at first light before it went green

Any number i could call about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try the Roads Department (roads@fingalcoco.ie) and complain to your local councillors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

daymobrew wrote: »
    Try the Roads Department (roads@fingalcoco.ie) and complain to your local councillors.

If its anything like the traffic lights at the blakestown you've got minutes at there's going to be long waits and heavy traffic to look forward to! Maybe its just me but they're making things worse not better.......

Did anyone notice there's a bus lane heading out of the shopping centre at the hotel. Does anyway know where this leads out to and when it will come into operation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Did you drive over/park on the actuator loop?

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Did you drive over/park on the actuator loop?

there was three of us , so im sure one of us did , towards it changing the car beside me was on the verge of breaking the red light

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I was looking at the Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates web site as they are behind the proposed Porterstown Pedestrian Bridge (I will start a thread on this). They did the N3 bridge.
    The web page says:
    The initial design was developed by CSEA following our Traffic Impact Assessment for the proposed Business Park and surrounding development in the Clonee \ Dunboyne \ Pace area.
    Obviously not a very good Traffic Impact Assessment or the assessment was not taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I was on the 39a bus today and it used the new city bound bus lane by the Crowne Plaza hotel for the first time. It definitely shaved
    2-3 minutes off journey into town and I'd say during busy Blanch SC periods you save 7 or 8 mins as you're no longer stuck by the Quinn/Liberty insurance building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

ongarboy wrote: »
    I was on the 39a bus today and it used the new city bound bus lane by the Crowne Plaza hotel for the first time. It definitely shaved
    2-3 minutes off journey into town and I'd say during busy Blanch SC periods you save 7 or 8 mins as you're no longer stuck by the Quinn/Liberty insurance building.

It seems to be the bus drivers discretion which way to go.

The 39A I took this morning took the old route around by the liberty insurance building.

However I noticed that some city bound 37s and 39s are heading out that way and going left heading back towards the roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

And some bus drivers are using the new slip road at the plaza but then going right at the lights and onto the old slip road that has now been upgraded and are not using the new free flow loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Are there Bus Stops in that section being missed? Maybe if not its a matter for driver discretion due to traffic conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Are there Bus Stops in that section being missed? Maybe if not its a matter for driver discretion due to traffic conditions

There is one (outside PCworld), but the 39a doesn't use it - however the 17a does and they sometimes take the new route as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Bus(39a) I was on took the new route as well, down the slip, left, right onto bridge, left down the loop. Not sure there is any difference in speed, but I have no experience of the area in heavy traffic.

Advertisement