Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing LC subjects :P

• 09-10-2012 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Thinking of repeating the Leaving externally, just wondering would anyone have any knowledge on business, economics or accounting?
    I've never studied them before, so would they be fairly okay subjects to get a decent grade in, or should I stay clear?

Also, biology... Are the experiments mandatory or could you still take the subject without a teacher?

Subjects I'm doing are French, Irish, physics and chemistry, maths.. All HL. Maybe applied maths also(OL) :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Not sure about Business, Accpunting etc. But no the Biology experiments aren't mandatory in the LC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I would suggest taking up business as you can get it done in the year, it is mostly theory so if you don't like learning off definitions and theory chunks don't do it. I just took economics up this year , i'm repeating and i am finding it grand! not too difficult so far . Biology is a nice subject, easy enough to understand , the experiments don't count for any percent but i'm pretty sure a teacher has to sign off to say you did them? not sure check with the place you want to repeat at. also the biology course is so long to only be doing it in a year! :/, ask any questions if you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

I do business and accounting (only in 5th year though)
    Business is all theory, not hard, so you'll get what you put in. (big course though)
    Accounting seems fairly tricky atm (at hl anyway. and again massive course so I would steer clear of this.
    I've heard good things about Economics, I'd look into that one further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Much appreciated! :)
    Heard economics was a good one to pick up yeah.. I'll give it a look in.

Just thought of music, I haven't studied it since Junior Cert., but have a fairly good grasp of it, play guitar and violin to a high standard like. :) besides the set pieces and all, but anyways.... If I were to take that, I wouldn't need any teacher to sign off that I did the practical, etc etc? Just arrange a school to do the practical in?

Again, much appreciated. :)

Advertisement