Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Bourgionne

Options
  • 09-10-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a tried and tested recipe ? I've searched boards with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Google is great isn't it !!!
    Looking for a recipe that has been tried and tested from people on boards. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I thought you were struggling to find a recipe because you'd spelt it wrong.
    It's basically a beef stew, and there are as many recipes as there are chefs, indeed as there are occasions when its cooked.
    Diced beef (shin recommended but any stewing beef will do), button mushrooms, shallots, root veg of your choice (or not, up to you), a bottle of red wine (Burgundy is traditional), some garlic if you're into it, bacon and herbs likewise.
    All gets fried then into the stewpot with the wine (and herbs, or not) and simmered for up to two hours.
    Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Hi, i've made Mrs fox recipe http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79481384&postcount=3, if the link don't work, go to the cooking club, under ramdon recipe thread, and you'll find it there, only thing I done differance is after wine is added I let it cool down and put it an the fridge over nite to marinade,( was making it in batches for lot of people) then follow the recipe, its really a lovely dish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

sdp wrote: »
    only thing I done differance is after wine is added I let it cool down and put it an the fridge over nite to marinade

Ooooooooooh I'll give this a go myself.
    So then the next day you simmer for a couple of hours? Good idea as it'll appear to the guests as if it's fresh off the stove but full of flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sdp wrote: »
    only thing I done differance is after wine is added I let it cool down and put it an the fridge over nite to marinade,( was making it in batches for lot of people) then follow the recipe, its really a lovely dish

This makes so much more sense than the traditional method of marinating the meat, then draining it, then drying it, then browning it. So much easier and should have the very same affect considering the notion of "sealing" the meat is a complete myth.
    I used a Corrigan recipe for daube of pork that did same thing - ie marinating after browning the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Julia Childs recipe for this is complicated but out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Ooooooooooh I'll give this a go myself.
    So then the next day you simmer for a couple of hours? Good idea as it'll appear to the guests as if it's fresh off the stove but full of flavour.

As I used your recipe many time before, and loved it, thank you, :) last weekend I was cooking for 30, so i was trying to max flavour from it, and it really did the job, so tender and extra flavoursome , put on stove for hour and a half and then into soup kettle, and we had leftovers next day, zapped in the microwave, just as good :)

Advertisement