Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

189 / 190 visa query

Options
  • 09-10-2012 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I'm researching these 2 visas as my current occupation is covered on the schedule 2 of the SOL.

Is the only difference between the 2 visas the fact that the 190 has a state sponsor included? Is there a better chance of approval if you get state sponsored? If not, why not just go for the 189? One less hoop to jump, or am I missing something?

EDIT: just spotted it's an extra 5 points if you have state sponsorship/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I'm researching these 2 visas as my current occupation is covered on the schedule 2 of the SOL.

Is the only difference between the 2 visas the fact that the 190 has a state sponsor included? Is there a better chance of approval if you get state sponsored? If not, why not just go for the 189? One less hoop to jump, or am I missing something?

EDIT: just spotted it's an extra 5 points if you have state sponsorship/

Its not only state sponsored, if you have a family member over here they may be able eligeble to sponsor you which gives you that bit more freedom;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

sponge_bob wrote: »
    Its not only state sponsored, if you have a family member over here they may be able eligeble to sponsor you which gives you that bit more freedom;)

Thats the 489 that allows sponsorship by a family member as it not a PR visa but can lead to it further down the line (2 years later)

The 190 is state sponsored only as far as I know.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

489 visa can be state or family sponsored, it's only a temporary visa and you have to live in a regional post code (so does your sponsor).

Family sponsorship for PR has been removed in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

mandrake04 wrote: »
    489 visa can be state or family sponsored, it's only a temporary visa and you have to live in a regional post code (so does your sponsor).

Family sponsorship for PR has been removed in July.

Jeez lucky I got mine when I did so:eek::)

Advertisement