Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar Street Seating Option

Options
  • 09-10-2012 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi Guys,

I know similar questions have been asked before but If anyone could help with this one I'd appreciate it.

I have two options for a gig next month, ground floor - row 102 or block c row c. There are two of us and I've never been before so I'm wondering which is the better option?

Thanks for your help.
    Sandra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If you mean table 102 when they have table seating, I think I'd go for that. It is in the last row of tables but it's close to the sound desk and you'd have easy-ish access to the bar and the loos. You can always look up the seating chart on the TM site.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Personally I'd go for the table rather than at the side. Block C is at the side downstairs under the balcony. Sometimes that sound can be a bit off there and it can sometimes block from the roof to down a bit of the stage. It won't block whats n the stage at all though, but that kinda thing just annoys the hell out of me. I'd always go for downstairs tables/standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

it'd be table for me all day long, just easier to sit at i find, although all seats in Vicar st can be uncomfortable at the best of times. and as said previous there'll be no reverb if your on the main floor rather than sound bouncing off the sound booth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fruit salad

Thanks guys,

I was thinking the sound quality would be better at the tables alright. I can see where the seating is located but it's hard to tell what the view is like and the sound as you say.

Was thinking block c might be more comfortable as the ground floor tables are just stools? and I'm in a kinda date situation so wasn't sure about the whole sharing a table with strangers and all.

Really appreciate the feedback, table seems to be winning so far anyway..!

Just about the comfort thing. The sides are wooden too as far as I know. It's much the same really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

exactly, the tables may be a bit uncomfortable after a while, but the sides are worse. as much as i love vicar st, the only drawback is that tis not really comfortable for a 2+hrs performance!

Standing upstairs is great. You get a rail to lean on (If you're in early enough, if you don't get the rail it's brutal upstairs). When you're at the rail there will be nobody blocking your view, you can see the full stage in perfect view. It's not too far back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,261 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Vicar St is such a great venue for the most part aside from when it's fully seated. The table format with seats is just soo uncomfortable wherever you are in my experience. Upstairs standing as the previous poster mentioned is a good deal, a rail, space for drinks and a quick dart to the bar should that be yer thang. hate those round tables and seats never comfortable .

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I'd appreciate some advice on this. My other half has a huge interest in the Steven Avery case and has been dropping multiple hints she'd like to go to the event in Vicar Street in September with his lawyers.

Of course I've left it too late so will have to pay over the odds on seatwave or some of those sites. The options seem to be limited to table seating or Block F.

What I'm wondering is which of these is the more comfortable seats? My OH will be heavily pregnant by that stage (about a month to go) so comfort rather than view will be the priority. Has anyone sat in Block F or what's the comfort/view like from these seats?

Advertisement