Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parcel to oz from ireland

Options
  • 09-10-2012 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi just wondering if anyone knows what am I allowed to send to oz. Is there a restriction on liquids.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If your username is Zippy as in Zippo lighters you may have to give us more information about what kind of liquids you're talking about, are they flammable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zippy1976

catbear wrote: »
    If your username is Zippy as in Zippo lighters you may have to give us more information about what kind of liquids you're talking about, are they flammable?
    hi name has nothing to do with Zippo or lighters its just a name.
    Liquids as shower gels,make up, hair gels do these have to be a certain ml. I also want to send coffee,tea, sweets,tayto,chocolate. Is there a limit or any of above not allowed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

zippy1976 wrote: »
    catbear wrote: »
    hi name has nothing to do with Zippo or lighters its just a name.
    Liquids as shower gels,make up, hair gels do these have to be a certain ml. I also want to send coffee,tea, sweets,tayto,chocolate. Is there a limit or any of above not allowed. Thanks
    Liquids probably will be stopped. The rest is fine, but coffee??

You can also ship from http://www.tasteireland.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

The official word from Auspost
    http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/dangerous-prohibited-goods-packaging-post-guide.pdf

And from DAFF, biosecurity wise
    http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/mail/cant-mail

To be honest, hair, shower gels etc are a waste of money to post, when you weigh them they will be $$ and will need to be leak proofed. Perfume is not allowed. Pretty sure they (gels) are not subject to 100ml limit but I'd omit them.

Confectionary fine but will get bashed if not packed carefully. Couple of times I've received sawdust for Tayto in a padded envelope. Chocolate often goes wonky especially sending it here in warmer months... it discolours, melts and hardens in a totally different shape.

Tea will be opened by biosecurity but goes through fine. Obviously you need to detail everything on front of the box, on a customs declaration or make your own list, sometimes Irish postal staff are a bit slack about this.
    Coffee ? You can get some of the best coffee in the world in cities like Melbourne and Sydney. Do not post unless it's coming from your own personal coffee plantation over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zippy1976

Thank you for all the replys a great help :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement