Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real or Fake christmas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Where would you recommend buying a fake tree, something reasonably priced but looks good. I'm ok with spending time putting it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Whispered wrote: »
    Where would you recommend buying a fake tree, something reasonably priced but looks good. I'm ok with spending time putting it up.

Tesco Clarehall and Artane Castle are selling 6 foot tall fake trees (in a box) for not alot of euros at the moment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco Clarehall and Artane Castle are selling 6 foot tall fake trees (in a box) for not alot of euros at the moment

How much is not alot?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    How much is not alot?

I cant remember...25 euro or something like that.

I prefer real trees myself though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Artificial. Back in the attic you go until the "artificial" holiday comes around again.

Artificial is great for the obvious reason ( have 1 for the stairs landing) ,but I love to have a real tree and also for its smell too.:)

We usually get our real tree from a small independent seller, but last year he was selling puppies too :mad:, so this year it's either a fake or we'll have one bought well in advance rather than running around looking for another seller.

We usually get our real tree from a small independent seller, but last year he was selling puppies too :mad:, so this year it's either a fake or we'll have one bought well in advance rather than running around looking for another seller.

Why dont you go to a Christmass tree farm and pick one out and have it cut down??;)

The kids will love you for it too.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Why dont you go to a Christmass tree farm and pick one out and have it cut down??;)

:eek: WHAT? There are Christmas tree farms?

Are they mad expensive?

• Advertisement

:eek: WHAT? There are Christmas tree farms?

Are they mad expensive?

They have been around for years.

Theres a farm up near Navan and its around 45 euro to go on a hunt through the forest and get the man to cut down a Christmass tree for you.

Therea also a few Xmass tree farms around Wicklow that do it too.:)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    How much is not alot?

Was up in Tesco,Clarehall earlier tonight.

22 euro for a normal green 6 footer

33 euro for a green/snowy tipped 6 footer with pine cones on it.

Both look rather nice in the flesh for the money.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Always had a real one, and always will!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Real tree all the way!
    It's the only thing I've ALWAYS loved about Christmas. Coming back around to the rest of it now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Fake all the way :) no mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Will probably go with an artificial one this year, first Christmas as a divorced dad so just don't want the hassle of a real one. We used to have about half a dozen mini conifers on the balcony of our apartment and we'd decorate them for Christmas. Looked great

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Byron_

Real tree as the main one, even with the mess they make it's not that big a deal, a small fake one in the front porch.

Advertisement