Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Saville-always a bit creepy

• 09-10-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone think this dude was always a bit odd? Even as a child watching Jim'll Fix It I thought he was a weirdo. Why the surprise about the allegations? Did no one in the industry think 'What an oddball'?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Think you might have been on to something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm, wonder will the condemnation of the BBC for letting this happen be as vitriolic as that heaped upon the Catholic Church for letting it happen? Let's hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

lazygal wrote: »
    Did anyone think this dude was always a bit odd? Even as a child watching Jim'll Fix It I thought he was a weirdo. Why the surprise about the allegations? Did no one in the industry think 'What an oddball'?

Oddball=/=child molestor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

So many people in that industry are a bit touched though. Oddball yea. Paedo seemed almost too obvious though didn't it.
    In the same way people say now how did nobody realise Sir George Michael is gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

how did nobody realise Sir George Michael is gay.

:eek:

I never knew! The early work of Wham! seemed so hetero....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Why not say something at the time? Look at all the pain and suffering you've allowed to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Einhard wrote: »
    Hmmm, wonder will the condemnation of the BBC for letting this happen be as vitriolic as that heaped upon the Catholic Church for letting it happen? Let's hope so.
    Yea because the BBC has such a track record for this :rolleyes:
    You do see the difference in a one off and an organisation that has been defending and covering it up for years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You've missed the boat "Shock and Appall", it left from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As Dravokivich points out, there's already a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Einhard wrote: »
    Oddball=/=child molestor.
    I'm sorry to have to abuse my mod powers by posting in a locked thread but I really have to add this:

Weirdo =/= child molester, either.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement