Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Boarding Kennels in South Tipp

Options
  • 09-10-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking for a recommendation for a dog boarding kennel in South Tipp?

Has anyone got any advise? Or places they would stay away from.

Want to make sure it's a decent place, where the dog will be exercised etc

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Ammobear wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm looking for a recommendation for a dog boarding kennel in South Tipp?

Has anyone got any advise? Or places they would stay away from.

Want to make sure it's a decent place, where the dog will be exercised etc

Thanks a mill

When you say South Tipp,what part are you talking about ?

There is a place near Clonmel (Heatherhurst ) which I would recommend very highly.
    They only have about 10 kennels,each has its own little run and the dogs are walked twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

There is a place on the way out to Clerihan from Clonmel that is meant to be good.

Wouldn't touch the place between Kilsheelan and Carrick though (Ballinderry I think it's called). Very rude and unprofessional and disorganised.
    I had booked my dog in there while we went on a 2 week holiday. Called out beforehand with the cash and vaccination records. Told all was fine for my brother in law to drop her out. He arrived out they tore strips off him, said that there was no way they were taking her without vaccination record and to go away.
    I rang them when I got back from holiday to see if I could come get her. They said she wasn't there. They ripped into me and said that I had been extremely rude on the phone when they rang the previous week (they never rang) and that they wouldn't tolerate such behaviour. She continued to lay into me over random crap that was actually nothing to do with me (must have had many disgruntled customers and couldn't tell the difference between us)
    I went out to them and asked for my money back (the owner didn't even know I had paid up front).
    I got offered a free groom by way of apology but to be honest, I wouldn't trust them with my dog after that.
    Absolute sham of an operation.
    No surprise they've had it up for sale for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

Vizzy wrote: »
    When you say South Tipp,what part are you talking about ?

There is a place near Clonmel (Heatherhurst ) which I would recommend very highly.
    They only have about 10 kennels,each has its own little run and the dogs are walked twice a day.

I'm looking for Clonmel are ideally, so will check out heather hurst and the other place in clerihan

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

Can't find a number for heather hurst anywhere on google? Anyone have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Ammobear wrote: »
    Can't find a number for heather hurst anywhere on google? Anyone have it?

Here you go 086 8216825 and the name is Siobhan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

probably a bit far from you but Ella's outside tipperary town is very good

http://www.ellas-kennels.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

That place looks great, might look into it for our ladies next time.

Advertisement