Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashboard update.

• 09-10-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I got an dashboard update last night asking me to improve my security, looking for me to give Xbox an extra e-mail address or a mobile no. so they can text me. What is that all about?
    Any chance of a dashboard update sticky so we can know what these updates are doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'd say its to do with improving security but that's just a wild guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ShaunC wrote: »
    I got an dashboard update last night asking me to improve my security, looking for me to give Xbox an extra e-mail address or a mobile no. so they can text me. What is that all about?
    Any chance of a dashboard update sticky so we can know what these updates are doing?

Hardly any point in having a sticky for an annual update. Haven't come across a dashboard message asking for a security update before. You sure it was an official MS dashboard update and not some spam message? I'm sure you know the difference but always worth double checking when I see posts like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hardly any point in having a sticky for an annual update. Haven't come across a dashboard message asking for a security update before. You sure it was an official MS dashboard update and not some spam message? I'm sure you know the difference but always worth double checking when I see posts like this.

I got the same thing. Sometimes it seems to not log me into xbox live when i switch on. Not every time, maybe once a week.
    I hit the xbox guide button and reject it. I use my profile over a few xboxes so it would be a pain in the ass to have to provide some sort of confirmation that its me using it other than a password.

They ask you to chose one of three verification systems, by post (:pac:), text message or phone call. I'm not sure what happens when you do it as i havent done it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

I don't think that's an update because a bunch of sites said the update is coming on the 26th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's a security update for Microsoft Accounts.

Just go to login.live.com and set your security settings.

You won't be able to sign in to Live with the new dashboard if this isn't done.

The text option works really well. Just pick your country code and then drop the first zero of your mobile number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

ga2k10 wrote: »
    I don't think that's an update because a bunch of sites said the update is coming on the 26th
    just hopped into this tread to see if there was a date confirmed as yet, heard about the 26th as the drop date too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Thanks for that Chopper, you can never be to careful.
    BTW Moose, my Xbox seems to get updates every other week, I wonder is that anything to do with the Beta that I signed up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yes that would be it....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

ShaunC wrote: »
    Thanks for that Chopper, you can never be to careful.
    BTW Moose, my Xbox seems to get updates every other week, I wonder is that anything to do with the Beta that I signed up to?
    that's the very reason I didn't sign up for it this year....too many interrupted gaming sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bastados wrote: »
    that's the very reason I didn't sign up for it this year....too many interrupted gaming sessions.

Yeah happened my a few times too, as soon as they push an update you lose connection and are prompted to install an update.

Shouldn't be much longer now, got prompted to accept new ToS yesterday and and an email outlining new dash features this morning so I'd say the final dash is due very soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement