Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Currency to Pay in?

Options
  • 09-10-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Im transferring some money from my Oz to Irish bank accounts. Anyone know which currency is best to pay into my irish account. Oz or Eur?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

What do you mean "which currency is best'?. If it's a Euro account you're paying into then your dollars will have to be changed into Euros via currencyfair, otherwise the banks will fleece you for conversion and transfer fees.

Do you have an Australian currency acc already set up with an Irish banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

No Im trying to transfer from my aistralian current account to my irish current account online. On the transacton page I have the option, pay in euro or pay in dollars? Which would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Slunk wrote: »
    No Im trying to transfer from my aistralian current account to my irish current account online. On the transacton page I have the option, pay in euro or pay in dollars? Which would be best
    Neither!!!!
    Use currency fair. It's much cheaper and rates are better. The Australian banks charge around $10-$20 while CF charge $3.
    Have a read of the FAQ

Thanks, Ill look into CF now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 creedo

You will need to have the following to sign up for CF:
    A. Passport
    B. 2 bills at your current (from the last 3 months) address.

You can take picture of the bill and upload via the CF site.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Signed up with CF earlier. Just have to re-up a bank statement as the date wasn't visible in the photo. Added my accounts and all so should be good to go. Thanks again

Advertisement