Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen Coyle sacked

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Des wrote: »
    Saw Houghton where?

Wasn't there some Northern Irish fella on that panel also?

I think they came out with names like Jewel, and them lads, and it wasn't until O'Brien came forward, with Trappatoni, that it was put in place.

Sorry, fùcked up my post the first time. Fixed now. It would be interesting to know the order it happened in.

What you are saying would actually add up with what Houghton said - they were going through the process, looking at the usual candidates and then the Trap option was put in front of them. Kind of depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pro. F wrote: »
    Sorry, fùcked up my post the first time. Fixed now. It would be interesting to know the order it happened in.

What you are saying would actually add up with what Houghton said - they were going through the process, looking at the usual candidates and then the Trap option was put in front of them. Kind of depressing.

Looking at the link there, it seems to me that you are correct.

It took them 100 days of bullshít, then the offer was made, then Trappatoni appointed.

Certainly looks like O'Brien brought Trappatoni to the table, told the FAI he'd pay a million of they matched it, and the the deal was done.

Which would lead one to imagine that the same situation, regarding O'Brien, probably won't happen again.

although, the FAI had a million to give the new manager.

The depressing thing is, in three months a manager couldn't be attracted until O'Brien brought Trappatoni into the fray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fúcking hell, I've just had a read of the first few pages of that thread. Here is a list of people who were being suggested as manager at the end of Staunton's tenure. These were suggested by Boardsies.

Sanchez
    Keane
    O'Neill
    Souness
    O'Leary
    Aldridge
    McLaren
    McCarthy
    Kerr
    Houllier
    Coppell
    Hodgson
    Dowie
    Hughton
    Bruce
    Jewel
    Jol
    Fenlon
    Capello
    Troussier
    Kenny
    Hoddle
    Brady
    Cotterill
    Kinnear
    Jones
    Mowbray
    Robson, Brian
    Burley
    Givens
    Whelan
    Beenhakker
    Hiddink
    Van Gaal
    Graham
    Allardyce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,984 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is the Owen Coyle sacked thread right?

Coyle for me made a huge mistake joining Bolton. There is not much you can do at a club which is in serious debt and he has paid a high price for taking the job. I'm delighted though because I think Burnley would still be in the Premier League had he not left them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is the Owen Coyle sacked thread right?

And you're the On Topic Police?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Andre Wisdom did that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Saw the first post and thought a zombie thread arose. Good week for sacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

has been found out at this stage as a chance of a manager after much hype about him at the start of his career.

maybe Wigan want Superintendent Chalmers to replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »

Things havent gone too well for him since he did the dirty on burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ninja Wikipedia edit:
    Owen Columba Coyle (born 14 July 1966) is a former professional football player and manager. He is currently unemployed after being dismissed by Wigan Athletic for doing a crap job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Coyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Coyle to Fulham perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fulhams new manager is already in place I reckon - its why "he was brought in to coach" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So when does this thread get updated with "owen coyle sacked by fulham" ? 9 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SlickRic wrote: »
    has been found out at this stage as a chance of a manager after much hype about him at the start of his career.

I could never understood the hype around him either.

Michael Cox (Zonal Marking) did an excellent job of debunking the myth that his Bolton side played good football.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/05/24/bolton-owen-coyle-style-of-football/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Could be in line for the Sheffield Wednesday job (pure speculation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whelan comes across as a bit of a dickhead in that interview on sky, playing every 20 minutes it feels like.

Advertisement