Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Texting for clubs

Options
  • 09-10-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Guys,

I've just been put in charge in setting up a group text notifications for members in my sports club. I know I can use webtext to send from my own mobile, but not so keen in using my personal mobile. Is there any other way that text notifications can be sent basing on a virtually non existent budget?

Many thanks for any help or suggestions given

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

http://teamer.net/

Quite a few clubs use it. Very good and cheap too. In fact, I think it's free to send out team-wide messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I can confirm it is free to send up to 200 messages per month. One team-wide message to a team of 15 would take 15 of those messages. All you need to enter is the time, location and event title. Teamer then sends the text on your behalf from a 50000 number, requesting a "Y" or "N" response. Response goes to teamer and updates the event on the webpage. Response texts to teamer costs money though so be careful to warn members as they might run down their credit/not be able to respond (not sure how much, I request responses to my own phone).

If you run out of texts you can buy more from teamer, they do different bundles but if you are training once a week with a match on top of that, with a team of 25 the free bundle should be perfect. It is free to cancel an event and teamer sends out the notification for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Thanks a million for the advice - I've just signed up to teamer :-)

Advertisement