Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing a song for a friends wedding

• 09-10-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend is getting married and asked me to do a number in the church for them after communion.
    I have no problem doing it but am concerned with the set up. I will be playing guitar and singing.

I have my own PA but dont see the point in setting it up (or taking it down for that matter!!). I rang the parish office and the nice lady put me in touch with a fella from the folk group.

He is a lovely guy but when they play they dont really use amps etc or bring their own.

What the church has is a mic conncetion at the side of the alter.
    I did something similiar for another wedding, and just used the mic connection for the vocals and a small practice amp for the guitar.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sorry. I should have mentioned they have a string quartet that wont be using a PA either!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

The nature of acoustics in a church generally means that not much amplification is needed. A small practice amp for guitar will be fine along with the church mic connection for vocals. It would be a good idea to get in there before ceremony to check levels of amp. You may find that you might not even need that! Remember, you'll be playing to a very quiet audience ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Thanks Galway Babe..

I was kind of thinking that myself.. and I hope to meet the folk group guy at the church this weekend. As I said, hes a nice guy and has agreed to meet me to show me the set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Best of luck with it...enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Yeah I'd agree that an amp for the guitar and the church mic. Definitely get their early and bring an extension cable in case you need it. Enjoy!

Thanks guys..

but, I sort of told a bit of a white lie..

Its actually my own wedding so I'm internally freaking out over it :eek:

But I take on board your advice and will be in the church over the weekend to check on everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Does the Bride know :-)

Good luck!

nope...
    Pressure is on :D

Advertisement