Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizontal Scrolling < 960px with sticky header

Options
  • 09-10-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I am open to correction as this may be just an issue im having or maybe it is deemed a required feature already but ever since the change of site design, Im now unable to scroll across, in a reduced width browser page through the list of forums or over to the login link

I have reverted back to the old design/skin which allowed me to do this without having to maximise the browser, however searches still load using the new version causing the same issue.

This was particularly handy while using a reduced browser while in work or using multiple programs as i could leave it open to one side but still have full use of the rest of the screen.

Comments

I'm running Windows 7 (32bit) with Google Chrome (22.0.1229.94 m) and sometimes I like to view the thread in Windowed mode, which you can use with Windows 7 and as shown in the image, where the windows "snap" on either side.

However, I've noticed that when you do this with boards.ie, the right side of the site is cut off, even though it's scrolled across fully. This means that "My Forums", access to the control panel (via clicking on your user name) and any forums passed "Region" on the forum drop down.

Is there any way to fix this? I've added a photo to illustrate.

Window.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The sticky header is a fixed element with 960px width so it doesn't move and expects the window viewport to be at least 960px wide. I suspect we'll have to add in some handling on our side to fix this.

Danny

The solution we've implemented is that the sticky header will unstick at widths less than 960px. The scroll bar will work as expected once this occurs.

Danny

Just tested and it works definitely on my side.

Now if only every business had as good customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is it too late to -1 this. Now this means I have to scroll up to get to my UserCP. Me no likey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Works great for me now. Thanks. Didn't expect it to be dealt with so easily. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is it too late to -1 this. Now this means I have to scroll up to get to my UserCP. Me no likey

What size window do you use boards in?

What size window do you use boards in?
    I use it in work and I usually go to about a 150mm x 100mm size in the corner, because technically I'm not supposed to be on-line and I work in a busy office. I know that's not really your fault, but I'm sure there are lots of others like that.

Giving the size in millimeters doesn't help us as we work in pixels :o

Hop on to http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics in a window that is the normal size of the one you use in work and scroll down to the Screen Resolution section. Copy the stats from there into a post here :)
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1920 x 1080
    Current Browser: 1871 x 994
    Colour: 24 bit

Danny

Giving the size in millimeters doesn't help us as we work in pixels :o

Hop on to http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics in a window that is the normal size of the one you use in work and scroll down to the Screen Resolution section. Copy the stats from there into a post here :)

Danny
    Your Resolution

Screen: 2144 x 1206
    Current Browser: 804 x 384
    Colour: 24 bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

+1 on this change.

Not your ornery onager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement