Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights over D6

Options
  • 09-10-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Last night (Monday 8th) while on Upper Rathmines Road at about 9.30, I saw a bunch of lights bouncing off the cloud cover over Ranelagh or somewhere close to there. There was a circle of 6 or 7 ground-to-sky lights sweeping back and forth.

There were also fireworks let off from that direction about 1am on Friday night.

Does anyone know if there is some festival on in the D6 area which could account for any of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They were actually coming from the north quays somewhere I reckon. I saw them from trinity and they were coming from a North-Easterly direction. Maybe the o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Ranelagh was NE of where I was standing, so it could well be the same lights you saw to your NE, in which case I should not have put D6 in the thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Seen this last night also but was the wrong way to be for the darts in city west so it was something else in that general NE direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

I could see them in Dundrum last night.

I presumed they were Ranelagh / Town direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Aurora Borealis was visible from Dublin last night (monday night) . Photos in the Photography forum taken from 'unobstructed' views show the green flashes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

These were spot lights projected from the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

mmcn90 wrote: »

Ah oki, not sure about those lights then. AB was visable late Sunday night, and partially last night too.. so i just assumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There was a circus in the Point Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mmcn90 wrote: »

Yep - they were outside thr Convention Centre last night.
    Probably some awards night or something on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Yep - they were outside thr Convention Centre last night.
    Probably some awards night or something on.
    This is prolly it alright. It looked funky! A pic from last night:

A40nsChCcAAoPmp.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thats it lads,

shine the lights into the cloudy, dull and ****e sky, :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

If you took that photo on Tuesday night did you also see the gang of kids on the bridge throwing rocks at the cars and buses coming down the quays? Little runts.

I know someone who walked across the bridge about 20 minutes before me and he said there was two gangs. One came from the north side and the other from the south side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Clanket wrote: »
    If you took that photo on Tuesday night did you also see the gang of kids on the bridge throwing rocks at the cars and buses coming down the quays? Little runts.

I know someone who walked across the bridge about 20 minutes before me and he said there was two gangs. One came from the north side and the other from the south side.
    Yeah, I took it on Tuesday night. Can't say I saw any kids at the time. The cheeky little baxtards!

Advertisement