Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Activation

Options
  • 09-10-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

I recently moved into a house that has been unihabitated for a year or so. There are phone sockets in one of the rooms so I am assuming there is a phone line running to the house but it has not been used for god knows how long.

I want to get this line "switched on" again as I want to get broaband installed - the kicker here being that I want to go with Vodafone for a number of reasons.

Therefore I have been told I need Eircom to activate the line - even though I will not be using Eircom as a provider for either the phone line or broadband.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Eircom could weigh in on this.

THanks

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Make21 wrote: »
    Hi

I recently moved into a house that has been unihabitated for a year or so. There are phone sockets in one of the rooms so I am assuming there is a phone line running to the house but it has not been used for god knows how long.

I want to get this line "switched on" again as I want to get broaband installed - the kicker here being that I want to go with Vodafone for a number of reasons.

Therefore I have been told I need Eircom to activate the line - even though I will not be using Eircom as a provider for either the phone line or broadband.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Eircom could weigh in on this.

THanks

Mark

Hi Mark

Eircom currently have a promotion were it's free of charge to installed/reconnected a phone line. However there is a 12 month contact, if you decided to switch providers or cancel before the 12 months is up a penalty fee ( early cease charge) will apply for the remaining months.

I have spoken to management in wholesale and they have confirmed Vodafone can make a request to eircom wholesale for a line installation. We in here (eircom consumer) have no involvement in the order whatsoever. The information giving to you is incorrect, you will need to call Vodafone if you wish to place an order with themselves or we'll be more than happy to inform you of our offers here.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement