Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the eMobile €34.50 the best unlimited offer out there

• 09-10-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I'm thinking of moving fro Vodafone to eMobile I'm not a heavy user but this offer would save be €10-15 per month and its unlimited including tethering
    I can get the iPhone 5 after a 3-4 weeks wait which will be fine as it means I can run out my current Vodafone contract in the meanwhile
    This offer is gone tomorrow 9pm so any advice appreciated .........just looking for the final shove really I think

Oh ya forgot to ask does tethering include being able to use an iPad off the phones data plan ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I'm on this plan since last october and find it perfect for me, I use it for my laptop at home and stream allot using the sky sports app and have never gone over the 15gb allowence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

You can tether on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Have you a link to this deal, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

yeah, never had a problem tethering anything on it.
    emobile customer service is shocking and not sure if they still have an issue unlocking iphones or if thats been resolved and they just won't do it until your out of your contract.

Might be worth checking out if you do any travel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Its one of the best ut there.
    I had the choice of eMobile or Meteor for my Friends and Family offer a few years back but i choose the Meteor option due to the free meteor calls and texts and also Meteors roaming rates in the EU are fantastic!

eMobile dont give you the same roaming rates and its worth noting that eMobile and Meteor will not unlock any iPhones until the contract is finished.

Getting the offer is the hard bit, as the title suggests you have to have family or a friend working within the Meteor, emobile or Eircom companies. My mate got about 20 of us on them and we are still on them to this day, he is there over 10 years ;)

I was looking for on during the week for someone else, and theres currently no internal offer at present. eMobile was the latest on (unlimited with IP5 for €299) but it ended on the 30th September.

theres a thread about the eMobile on over on Bargain Alerts, and i think you can still get it woth your Eircom account number, some can and some cant. Only way to find out is to call up with your AC number and try get the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, I'm currently on "3". Got this offer in the post yesterday.
    Spending about €40 to €60 a month on "3"
    Considering going with the HTC Desire One X (€39) and €34.50 a month for unlimited Calls, texts and Data.
    Is this a no-brainer or am I missing something?
    Is emobile coverage good (or as good as "3")? - I never had many problems
    My contract ended in Sept - but "3" are still insisting on 30 day notice - Is this normal and correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

CMpunked wrote: »
    Have you a link to this deal, OP?

emobile.ie/specialoffer I think but then you need your or a friends eircom account details
    My sister is currently in mine and I'm taking it up too after talking to Vodafone 20 mins ago save me almost €500 over 18 months
    Just hope the coverage is good down here in the real capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Dont bother looking for someones account number.

I rang them up on 1800 283091 and said I heard about a special offer.

They gave it to me no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I just rang them up and give my mothers eircom landline number.
    I get 1mb during the day, Galway city, and 3mb download late at night.

• Advertisement

Tethering isn't enabled on my iPhone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Tethering isn't enabled on my iPhone

Personal Hotspot
    • Settings
    • Personal Hotspot
    • On

Its not an option there, its just Airplane Mode, Wifi, Bluetooth and Carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Its not an option there, its just Airplane Mode, Wifi, Bluetooth and Carrier.
    What iPhone and what software. What network are you with

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

walked into the store on Sat and got this deal along with an Iphone 5 32gb for 399 over 18mths, sold my i4 for 250 so well worth it, should save 30 euro a month on VF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

savic04 wrote: »
    walked into the store on Sat and got this deal along with an Iphone 5 32gb for 399 over 18mths, sold my i4 for 250 so well worth it, should save 30 euro a month on VF
    Ends today

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darientes

Offer ends tomorrow... The 11th

No iPhone 5's in stock till next week so after offer is over they say.

You do not need to be an eircom customer to get the offer, they have vouchers in store so ring up and get them to hold the phones for u.

Quote=soundsham;81175383]
    savic04 wrote: »
    Ends today[/Quote]

Advertisement