Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concern over iPhone 4 security

• 09-10-2012 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

My email account was compromised yesterday which meant that many people in my contacts got spammed by ads so I started changing my passwords for my email accounts and switched my Apple ID to another one also.

But thing is, after I had done all of that and gotten to sorting out my iCloud (which was a pain) everything started to f*ck up.

My phone wouldn't update to iCloud because it gave warnings that it didn't trust it. I got the same warnings of false authenticity from the email servers and even when I was browsing google over safari. Even the time and date is messed up and won't fix itself.

It's all pretty strange and the phone just isn't working properly so I have it in airplane mode since last night.

Any ideas on what's going on with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Sometimes an out of sync timestamp can cause trust issues between devices. Is the time and date on your iPhone the correct current time?

Is your PC's date and time correct? Have a look at the location settings in your PC and iPhone (and iTunes) settings and make sure they're all the correct/the same.

Then do a hard reset on the iPhone. (Hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button until the phone restarts).

Also a scan for viruses if your email has been compromised might not be a bad idea.

I'm not an expert but maybe this will help. Good luck.

Advertisement