Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I pad 3 query

• 09-10-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭

Looking for advice plz I'm not very technical tho, I did an iOS update on my iPad since then my App Store won't work,
    -I open up App Store, on the bottom bar there is " featured, chats,genius, purchased (which I can view) and updates , which are all up2 date,
    - top bar on mams but not mine is -all categories,games,education,more,and the icon for searching for apps which is o. Mine but when I type something nothing will load, I deleted un wanted apps off my screen yesterday I've checked my settings against mams who also did the update and everything the same!

Help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

Seems to be some weird App Store issues happening a few people and needs a pretty odd fix:

1. setting>general>date&time = set automatically to OFF
    2. set your year to 2013
    3. Turn ipad off and connect again your network connection and open your app store. wait and see..it should now open!
    4. you can set back your date&time = set automatically to ON again

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1461806

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Tried it and it says can not connect to iTunes Store however my I tunes store works???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I had two mates who installed iOS6 on their iPhones and neither of them had wireless anymore, not even showing available networks. The Net is awash with complaints that iOS6 bricked the wireless on many Apple devices. I just rolled my friends iPhone back to iOS5 and all is well again. Seems to be major issues with iOS6.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I had two mates who installed iOS6 on their iPhones and neither of them had wireless anymore, not even showing available networks. The Net is awash with complaints that iOS6 bricked the wireless on many Apple devices. I just rolled my friends iPhone back to iOS5 and all is well again. Seems to be major issues with iOS6.
    Yea seems 2b since I installed it, maps ain't that great, how can I get back to ios5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Play Bunny wrote: »
    Yea seems 2b since I installed it, maps ain't that great, how can I get back to ios5?

In my case it was the iPhone, in yours it's the iPad but the principle is the same.

First you should backup your device in iTunes

connect it to iTunes, click your device in the left pane & choose backup.

Next, download the iOS5 firmware for you specific device from HERE: (Each device has its own specific firmware)

Once the correct firmware file has been downloaded, (make sure to note where you've saved it (generally your "Downloads" folder). Make sure your device is still plugged in & iTunes is open, click your device's icon on the left hand side and a menu should come up asking if you'd like to update the device or restore it to factory defaults. At this point, hold down the option button on your Mac (or the shift button on your Windows PC keyboard while clicking "Restore"), go through the menus and locate the iOS5 firmware file you've downloaded for your device. Click the "Open" button and allow it to restore.

When completely restored to iOS5 you can restore your backup you made in step 1

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
Advertisement