Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Recommend Vodafone BB?

• 09-10-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Contract is up with Eircom, and I'm sick of having to pay them €62 a month for 7 MB BB, and line rental.

Was going to wait for Sky(Rural area, so no UPC), but they seem to be dragging their heels on releasing BB in Ireland.

So the Vodafone deal at €45 per month looks the job.
    Question is, there are quite a few complaints on the web about them, but you only ever see the bad stuff on the net.
    Anyone here recommend Vodafone for BB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

gflann wrote: »
    Contract is up with Eircom, and I'm sick of having to pay them €62 a month for 7 MB BB, and line rental.

Was going to wait for Sky(Rural area, so no UPC), but they seem to be dragging their heels on releasing BB in Ireland.

So the Vodafone deal at €45 per month looks the job.
    Question is, there are quite a few complaints on the web about them, but you only ever see the bad stuff on the net.
    Anyone here recommend Vodafone for BB?

Have had it for last few years ... no problems with it.
    If you already have Sky TV I would hang on though and see what they have offer - bound to be a saving with a bundle.

Vodafone are most likely going to stick you to a 12 month contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I would.not go near Vodafone broadband. I was an Esatbt customer who was transfered over to vf when BT left the Irish Residential market. Vf offered me a speed increase that ended up reducing the speed that I had with BT by more than half!!!

They told me. It was a fault on the line. Eircom said there was no fault. There was never a fault on the line when I had BT.

VF customer service is dire. I had huge hassle canceling the service, was still being billed after I left them. Took nearly a year to get my refund. Ended up having to write to their CEO before they got their act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have the Vodafone Max package with a 150 gig allowance, €34.98 per month & 10.5 Mb/s dl (that's the max my line can handle) I'm happy with the service,never had an issue.

As keith_d99 said,if you are a Sky customer maybe wait & see what they'll offer for broadband/tv bundles-could save you a fortune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I moved from Eircom to VF over a year ago for the same saving.
    Only problem I've had is with a DSL fault that the Eircom engineer didn't diagnose correctly.
    You get the feeling that resellers are not top of Eircom's priority list.

As my 12 months is up I'm holding out for Sky's offer.

Advertisement