Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 sockets for phone but no way to interlink phones

Options
  • 09-10-2012 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

ok here is what I have 1 master eircom phone connection with built in DSL socket, I have then wired 4 extra phone sockets and can patch them anywhere works great.
    The problem I have is if a call comes in and I answer it I canot fwd it to another part of the house or if i want to call down to the kitchen for example I cannot.
    I cannot use wireless packages as signal will not travel to the other level in the house (so if upstairs won't work downstairs, etc) also house is very long.
    I could plug in one sytem downstairs and one upstairs but how would I connect the 2 is there a system out there that is expandable like this?

Note: by system I mean those phone you can get in argos or electrical store that have one base system (corded or cordless) and multiple cordless phones

Hope this makes sense, all questions welcome if not.. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You will need a phone system to do this. I don't think you can link two dect sets together.

In the long run you might want to look at IP solutions which some systems can do as well as your landline so its future proof.

Have a look on adverts for used phone systems.

They will do transfer, most will do on hold, ivr etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Have a look at the Fritzbox range of Routers - http://www.fritzbox.eu/en/products/index.php

They are combined Routers, DECT base stations and they also have a basic PBX built in with connections for 2 or more phone extensions depending on the model.

Advertisement